2 weeks post rny surgery - getting ready to start pureed

Sunny2018
on 11/4/18 6:14 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Hello all.I've made it through the first 2 weeks post surgery and about to start pureed. I did well with cottage cheese (2 tbsp at a time), soup, apple sauce, sugar free yogurt, cream of wheat (2- 3 tbsp with milk),the basics and having 3 baby size spoonfuls and then waiting 5 minutes to continue.

I'm kind of nervous moving on to the next step, not sure what I should try first. I guess pureed fruit/veg - its the meat and egg I am worried will be hard.

Anyone have suggestions, what worked for them?

Thanks! Sunny

crqvingchange
on 11/5/18 4:05 am

Check out the World According to Eggface. She has lots of recipes for the different stages. I loved the Ricotta Bake. It tasted great and I had no issues with it. Glad you are doing well.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Sunny2018
on 11/5/18 10:58 am
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks so much, will check Eggface.

Sunny

Ginnny
on 11/5/18 7:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Just curious why you are adding fruit/veg so early?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Sunny2018
on 11/5/18 11:04 am
RNY on 10/22/18

Hi Ginny. According to TWH pureed includes veg and fruit. Did u have problems with these items? Im more worried about meat...I have pureed sweet potatoes I made and some pureed babyfood. What did u do?

Thanks, Sunny

Ginnny
on 11/5/18 12:28 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi,

I went through TWH as well. I just chose to focus on protein and omit the veg and fruit for a long time.

If you're comfortable with eating those things by all means.

I didn't have problems with any foods. I also didn't puree anything, I took really small bites and chewed very well.

I ate scrambled eggs, yogurt, tuna, chili, and supplemented with Premier Protein RTD shakes. Oh I also had shepperds pie early out, so yes, a tiny bit of potato just to hold the meat together a little.

Sunny2018
on 11/5/18 1:06 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Great, thanks for the info! Will start to introduce tomorrow one new thing at a time and see how it goes. I'm probably being extra cautious, but I had a really bad time after my 2nd C-section, where I ate too soon after surgery and my bowels shut down. Really would prefer to avoid bad reactions!

Also, congrats on your weight loss too!

Sunny

Ginnny
on 11/6/18 5:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Oh yeah, about that. I take Restoralax daily in my coffee every morning. Two doses, and I still have to supplement at times with Senokot at night. Do they have you on colace daily or some type of stool softener?

You might want to look into that if you find you are getting backed up.

Sunny2018
on 11/6/18 5:44 am
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks Ginny - yes, I take 1 colace AM and PM, and if I find a little trouble still I have Senokot. So far, this is working. Plus I log my water to get 4 cups in, now aiming to get up to 6 over the next week or so.

Thanks!

Sunny2018
on 11/11/18 5:26 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Hi Ginny - just an fyi, I called nurse support and she said to add Restoralax - now take it each morning, along with Colace - working like a charm. Thanks for letting me know that works for you.

Sunny

Most Active