What are you eating/doing today/Thursday?

Ginnny
on 10/18/18 10:56 am, edited 10/18/18 3:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

We worked with some different weights for the different exercise and settled on weights that were "challenging". Normal reps are 8 - 12 and I was working each exercise at 10 reps X3. She told me when I can easily do 12 reps at my current weights then it is time to increase.

She also told me to finish my workout with 15 mins on the treadmill, brisk walk at an elevation of 10 degrees, or a steady jog, or intervals of 1 min brisk walk, 30 seconds run. After you have done a strength building workout is the time for prime fat burning cardio.

Edited to add at the beginning it is a push, but once you get going you will find that you miss it if you don't go. I feel pretty guilty about not going this morning but sometimes you have to listen to your body. Also last night made me realize that I don't like going to the gym after work because it is just too busy and you can't always get the equipment/weights that you want. 6:30 a.m. is perfect, most days you can shoot a cannon off in the place and wouldn't hit anybody.

I'm going to look into getting a personal trainer for a couple of months, they have a special on right now. 10 sessions/$399.00. Unfortunately the one I started with doesn't do that early in the morning so I will have to get a new one.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Mellywog
on 10/18/18 1:34 pm
RNY on 06/17/19

Have you ever thought of Orange Theory? I have never been but know some ppl that go. You are with a group every time you go and there is always a trainer for the group. It is expensive but if you are looking for a trainer, it might be a cheaper option. From what I understand, it is kinda like you share the cost of the trainer with the group.

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 5:50 pm

Orange Theory always has deals on where you can try a class for free. I got an email the other day about this.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active