Plastic Surgery?

Mellywog
on 10/18/18 6:18 am
RNY on 06/17/19

I know I will want it but for some reason, I don't know why but I am more terrified of the plastic surgery than the WLS.

SweetRide1
on 10/18/18 8:47 am
RNY on 01/16/18

I too am terrified of plastic surgery. I was think of a lower body lift (which I need), but I can't put myself through it. I don't think I can do the pain.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Tristessa01
on 10/18/18 10:01 am

I am saving up now for my plastic surgery. I don't have a quote but in general I am aiming for $20,000. I know it can be more cost effective to do multiple procedures at once and they do offer bundles for bariatric patients.

I plan on going to Mexico when I do it and currently looking at this company for it but I am still in the research phase https://mymedicalvacations.com/post-bariatric-plastic-surger y/

VioletFemme
on 10/19/18 9:00 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I think you have to consider the possibility of having multiple surgery dates if getting multiple procedures. I watch Skin Tight online and Dr Naz (from 600 lbs life) usually breaks up surgery over multiple dates 'cause it's not safe to be under general anesthesia too long. Some people on show went from high 200s/low 300s to mid 100s and even they had it split up surgeries.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

VioletFemme
on 10/19/18 8:57 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I am planning for plastic surgery. I already have saggy boobs from weight fluxuations. I believe I will have bat wings. I am apple shaped so I'm planning for lipo of stomach and back. I thought about getting plastic surgery in the DR, Cuba, Mexico. I'm Caribbean with cousins being traveling doctors and nurses, so they've given me the heads up on what places/clinics are good.

However, part of me is nervous about having surgery abroad. If I do go abroad, part of me wants to go to Cuba 'cause it has the lowest rates of infections... but DR has more advanced techniques (but they tend to focus on the butt). I worry about blood costs, post surgical care so I'm looking into financing through medical finance companies in addition to LOCs.

Really evaluate with you can live and what you can't. If I have loose skin on my thighs, I don't care 'cause I always wear dresses to the knees or shorts to the knees. My fashion style will not change. However, I've always wanted a more feminine shape. Even when I was at my thinnest, I still had an apple type shape. Definitely getting stomach/back lipo for sure.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Wayne H.
on 10/22/18 12:36 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

I am seeing a Plastic Surgeon as a result of another health Issue I've had but when I spoke to him about the Procedure OHIP pays for (apron) versus a Tummy Tuck and hence Thigh Lift, He quoted me about 10k.

OHIP pays $1500 max so if you find a Plastic Surgeon that can utilize that, You may get down to 8.5k as is what I think would be the plan. I am still in the system so if I go with it, I can get in quick. But the $$$... WOW.

That does not include boobs, Batwings or anything else, It's simply Pull up, Tuck and with that, My thigh area pulls up/tighter a bit compared to now.

As for the rest... My Man Boobs are really impressive now but at 57 and being a Guy, I really don't give a rats Patute, but the stomach...it's more about proper fit in clothes. I'm tired of looking mutated with baggy ass pants. But again, I can live with it.

Laura in Texas
on 10/25/18 10:00 am

I have been active here on OH for over 10 years now. From personal observation here as well as support groups and bariatric conferences, I would guess about 80% of us have enough loose skin to warrant plastic surgery. Many of us tend not to lose the weight evenly so some body parts look out of proportion. This also leads some people to have plastics.

Of course not everyone has plastics. For some people, it does not bother them. For others like me, it bothered me a lot so I fixed the parts that bugged me the most (arms, stomach, boobs) and made peace with the rest (thighs).

If you attend any bariatric support groups or go to any conferences, look around. Overall we are a lumpy bumpy group.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active