Need help with a few things

Ginnny
on 9/19/18 9:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Go easy on the fruit, it isn't something that will be on your plan until several months after surgery. If you're trying to make changes pre-op you might want to experiment with different things to make your smoothies.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Dee321ca
on 9/20/18 6:55 am

I would be careful about relying on shakes right now for protein. I know our dietitian at our clinic holds people back for relying on shakes because they want to see you getting orotein from actual food sources when they look at your food diary. Someone told me that bit of advice before my nutritionist appt and I didn't have to come back for any more visits. Often, if they see something concerning, they will make you change your habits and then come see them again, which further delays things. Focus on other protein sources and good all around choices and worry about the shakes when you need to. I am normally pro-Premier since we do all their packaging design at work, but I just wanted to pass on my learnings about shake reliance pre-op. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Referral - June 2017, Ultrasound & ECG - October 2, 2017 Orientation - October 30, 2017, Sleep Study - December 21, 2017, Pre-Nutrition Class - December 29, 2017, Nurse's Appt - January 24, 2018, Gastroscopy - March 1, 2018, Social Worker & Internist - March 29, 2018, Dietitian - May 9, 2018. Signed Consent - August 7, 2018. Surgery Date: October 3rd!

Lucile777
on 9/22/18 7:53 pm

Premier Protein from Costco. I like the chocolate and can only enjoy it room temperature. I rely on it heavily even now at 11 months post op. Why do you want to start now? Enjoy your protein rich, low carb meals now before things change forever.

L C.
on 9/22/18 9:25 pm
anabanana1976
on 10/19/18 2:36 pm
VSG on 11/21/17

I despises all protein drinks when I started. Ugh. It still makes me shiver. I ended up trying IsoPure. I only found it in the USA, but it basically tastes like gatorade. Grape and Orange were my fav flavours.

My dietitian approved this for me, so check with your dietician of course. But I drank these rather than the think-chalk like protein drinks.

Here are some nutritional facts

• Packed with 40g of 100% pure whey protein isolate
  • 160 calories
  • Lactose-free and gluten-free, so you can better your bod without discomfort
  • No lactose, no aspartame
Most Active