What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 9/18/18 4:48 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. This morning I'm going swimming and then off to a doctor's appointment. The rest of the day will be household drudgery, and a trip to the gym.

Accountability: There was a snack late at night that wasn't on plan. Ended up have Swiss Chalet chicken and salad for dinner last night, because the gas on our street was shut off as I was cooking.

Question of the Day: Further to yesterday's questions, I get PM's from Newbie's saying they read this thread and find it helpful. For newly post-ops, one thing you can make for Thanksgiving is pumpkin cheesecake. Take pumpkin spice, a little pumpkin puree (No Sugar), Greek or SKYR yogurt, Light Philadelphia cream cheese and SF Vanilla or White Chocolate Jello Pudding mix dry. Add as much of each as you like to get it to a good thick consistency. Let it set in the in the fridge. I like to make it in small ramekins and top it off with a squirt of real whipped cream. Sometimes I like it with more pumpkin, sometimes, more cream cheese.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf

L. Leftover chicken with salad

D. Shrimp tacos made with taco shells made of cheese, avocado, salsa.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 9/18/18 5:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Menu Gang! No gym for me this morning because I slept like crap last night, waking up every hour for a pee. And then when I wasn't in the bathroom my calves would cramp and spasm something awful. I took magnesium before I went to bed but it didn't seem to help last night. I probably should have forced myself to go the gym because it may have given me some energy. I will try to get out for a walk at lunch with my buddy.

Post Op 2 years 5 mos

B - deli turkey on 35 calorie bread w. lettuce, onions and cheese

S - greek yogurt

L - cracker cheese, 2 pepperettes, maybe some ritz

S - balanced break, cheese/nuts/raisins

D - unsure - Trucker has a ball game at 6:15 so not much time. Maybe wings after the game, one the players had Beer Kitty in their shop.

Have a great day all.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 9/18/18 12:37 pm

Ginny it might be potassium that's causing it. Do you take electrolytes? I have started taking Vega Hydrator. I by the single serve Lemon/Lime and add it to 30oz of water at the gym. It has sodium, potassium and magnesium.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 9/18/18 1:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I drink Powerade Zero on occasion. Where do you buy that product?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 9/18/18 5:22 pm

I find them in the health department of Zehrs or Sobeys. They come in individual packets or small tubs for about $28. The packets I've seen from 75 cents to a dollar. The flavours are lemon/lime or mixed berry.

https://myvega.ca/products/vega-sport-electrolyte-hydrator

Meggles07
on 9/18/18 5:49 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We have pediatrician and midwife appointments today, so we are going to be on the go. When we get home we will have a very very long nap.

QOTD: I did a similar substitution but with apple pie... I do an apple crisp: slice apple however you like, add some oatmeal, Splenda, cinnamon, oil of choice, and SF Torani syrup -- I like the brown sugar one for this. Bake in the oven until apples are your desired softness. You can make it in small dishes so it's portioned out. And feel free to add CC's whipped cream ;)

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - protein bar

That's all I've got so far. I went to Costco and got the turkey pepperettes and I'm so excited to start increasing my meaty protein options.

Lots and lots and lots of water. My iron levels have gone back up quite a bit so those vitamins are working ;)

crqvingchange
on 9/18/18 12:39 pm

Oooooh I like your apple crisp.

Meaty options are a good thing. I told my husband he has to take me out for steak.

Meggles07
on 9/18/18 12:43 pm - Canada

DH cooked us steak on the BBQ two nights ago and we had a bit leftover... We are almost down to the last of our beef. We want to try a different supplier next time as some cuts weren't great.

Most Active