What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

corriev
on 9/6/18 7:38 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello There,

QOTD - I agree a dog costume will be very cute... i laugh, my kids ask if im getting dressed up for Halloween, and i always say " but i am dressed up already" and ill be in my work clothes, that's scary enough... They dont see the joke.

My meal plan for today.

B - Protein Shake

s - Jerky

L- Tuna in water

S - Jerky

D - Pork tender loin

S - left over pork

MFP says.

Carbs - 7

Cal - 600

Protein - 97

Have a blessed day all.

crqvingchange
on 9/6/18 10:20 am

They will get the joke once they start working, lol.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MichelleS61
on 9/6/18 9:23 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Hi all,

Need some help, my weight loss has definitely stalled but I also know I've been eating too much

I'm looking for a low carb high protein snack that's crunchy? any ideas, my go to snack is usually a cheese stick but I'm missing crunch in my life, and crunchy cheesies or pop chips although not too high in calories are probably not a really good option (you can see where I've been going).

And I'm having trouble with breakfast I usually end up eating at work as I can't manage when leaving home at 6:30 am, but my fall back lately has been either egg/bacon/cheese on an english muffin or peameal bacon/cheese on an english muffin, as much as I know I shouldn't be eating the bread, I can't really stop and get out a knife and fork to eat at my desk.

Exercise has still been an issue, haven't been able to walk outside due to the heat/humidity which plays havoc with my asthma, my Dad's been in hospital for 5 weeks after a fall so supporting him and my Mom has cut into my time.

Lunch is usually salad with a protein, I was surprised to notice that one of my go to's Sea Legs actually has carbs, oh well, I still have 3 large packages from Costco to go, and I like it. Been eating lots of tomatoes/cucumbers/peppers as I've got an abundance in the garden, I figure as long as I get the protein in too I'm doing okay.

Dinners are varied and not too much of an issue, although I've been eating more fruit lately too it helps to conquer the craving for sweets.

Love some feedback.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

corriev
on 9/6/18 10:18 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hi there,

Hang in there, i used to have "spitz" sun flower seeds for the snack, keeps you busy and dont have much before the craving ends. the problem is to have a few discreetly without spitting out the shells

try these for breakfast, you can cook them in advance. change it up for crunch you need.

https://kalynskitchen.com/egg-muffins-revisited-again/

http://dish.allrecipes.com/crunchy-low-carb-snacks/

crqvingchange
on 9/6/18 10:31 am

Corrie has given you some wonderful ideas, and here is what I will add:

Moon cheese or Cello Whisps (Costco). They are 100% cheese and are crunchy. Don't overdo these they still have calories.

Egg bites for breakfast. Make a muffin tin full on the weekend. Add bacon bits, cheese, eggs and whatever else you like. Low in carbs and reheat easily in a microwave. Check out the World According to Eggface for recipes. You can have Starbucks egg white sous vide in the roasted pepper flavour when you are in a rush and aren't prepared for breakfast.

When you are done the Sea Legs, use shrimp on your salad. Great protein and very few carbs.

Cutting carbs will help with the sweet cravings. You are right at the time when they hit bad.

This is where the daily struggle comes into play. You are still in your honeymoon phase and you can't waste a minute of it. Measure and log everything. I know it's a pain, but you are worth it and take priority. When at the hospital, take the stairs. Walk the hall when you can. Park far away in the parking lot. Make trips to get decaf and take the stairs again. You will also benefit by getting really strong legs and a killer butt.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MichelleS61
on 9/6/18 10:45 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

What is moon cheese? I've seen a couple references but don't know what it is?

I might try the egg bites again, I discovered early on that they don't freeze well, they seem to ge****ery? at first I'd do poached microwave egg but 1 doesn't fill me up anymore and they're really fiddly. I know I just need to keep working at it. Thanks for the suggestions.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

kamac
on 9/6/18 11:45 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Moon Cheese is a crunchy snack made of 100% cheese. They freeze dry the cheese or something, it's in crunch little pellet blobs. You can find it on Amazon or Low Carb Grocery, and I think more shops are starting to carry it now. It's not cheap ($5 a pack) but it's filling.

There are also cracker type things made of only Parmesan cheese, I've only found them on Low Carb Grocery, not sure about Costco.

If you're finding it tough squeezing in breakfast, maybe a protein shake would do the trick? It would be easy to drink at your desk.

Having some Quest bars on hand might be useful. Some people do fine with them, but others find they can trigger overeating. I myself had a bit of trouble with them (intention to eat 1 bar turned into me eating 2), so decided to retire them. However I've been spending some long days at the hospital lately and nibbling on a Quest bar has helped me get in some easy protein.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

kamac
on 9/7/18 7:24 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I completely forgot...another good crunchy snack option are pork rinds (aka chicarrones). You can get them at Bulk Barn (in the "health food" section), Loblaws ("ethnic food" section) and No Frills (can't remember, I think I stumbled on them in a end-of-aisle display). Frito-Lay makes them, called "Baken-Ets".

You can also bake your own Parmesan cheese "crackers", I believe Eggface has a recipe on her website.

Hope your dad heals up soon. I know it's a lot of work and quite stressful taking care of 2 parents. I can see from your ticker that you've done an amazing amount of work, and are so close to goal. Hang in there.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

SweetRide1
on 9/6/18 7:26 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

During the week I typically have a protein shake for breakfast. I drink it as I drive to work.

I've also bought the sous vide egg bites from Starbucks. Love them and they go down well. I actually have issues with eggs, but these I tolerate well.

I also make the egg muffins and freeze them. I find them fine when I reheat.

On weekends I have skyr yogurt, a bit of fruit and a touch of low fat/low sugar granola for crunch. I've also made almond flour waffles. Easy to make and taste very good. I'll throw some blueberries on top and drizzle with sugar free maple "type" syrup. I have a little pot of cottage cheese on the side. The waffles freeze really well and you can just pop them in the toaster and go from there.

Protein almond butter pancakes are awesome too.

I follow a bunch of low carb cooking FB pages. Skinnytaste is good. Low Carb Yum. Sugar Free Londoner. Lot's of great ideas there.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

VioletFemme
on 9/6/18 7:24 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

Accountability - So @ work in a middle of an audit so we had to work a 12 hour day!!! They ordered pizza. I didn't eat any and came prepared with my low cal high protein lunch and dinner. But on the flip side, I could have made a proper breakfast at home, but decided to get tim hortons. I also got a coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Pre-op Eats

B - Bacon and eggs on an english muffin, yogurt/fruit/granola parfait, coffee with soy milk

L - Ground chicken and vegetables

D - Ground chicken and vegetables

only @ 1300 calories for the day, so I feel like a snack.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Most Active