What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 9/5/18 10:53 pm

Good morning Menu Maties. I am having trouble getting to sleep so I thought I would post now. I'm hoping I will be able to sleep in.

Today I am going to the gym. Maybe later some errands and paperwork. Truthfully I'm not feeling up to doing anything. Today is my family member's funeral. It's in England so I can't attend. She was the kindest most loving person, and will be greatly missed always. Over the years, I have spent summers with her and always came home feeling loved and filled with a greater zest for life. She lived in many countries, experienced many cultures, remained humble and helpful all of her life.

Accountability: Well it's late at night and I decided to have a snack of eggs.

Question of the Day: What Halloween costume should we have Meg's little daughter Keira wear? I think she would look adorable in a puppy costume and sit with the other puppies. I know she's only a month old, but Meg needs time to prepare, roflmfao.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with cinnamon stevia

L. Burger with bacon, mushrooms, chipotle cheese - no bun

D. Same as lunch. They are already cooked and just need to be reheated.

Have a great day everyone. Smile at a stranger, but not in a creepy way.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Murt65
on 9/6/18 4:05 am

Good morning CC,

sorry to hear about your loss. It must be difficult to be so far away and grieving on your own.

I laughed at your "Smile at a stranger and not in a creepy way"! I will think about that every time I smile today.

I haven't been sleeping much at all lately. I'm up 2-3 hours in the night every night. I know it's partly stress but thought I heard it can be from the WLS too

B- yogurt,fruit,granola and bran buds

S- cheese

L- tuna salad on a broghie

S- protein drink

S- chicken and quinoa casserole

it just started to rain here in Brantford. Hopefully it will cool down now. Have a great day!

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

crqvingchange
on 9/6/18 10:15 am

Early post-op I had a lot of trouble sleeping. When you wake up in the middle of the night are you able to test your blood sugars?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Murt65
on 9/9/18 5:09 am

I don't know how to text my blood sugars. Is there something I can get at the drug store?

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

crqvingchange
on 9/9/18 7:15 am

You would need a glucose meter. There are companies that will give you a free meter with some sample test strips. They do this because the test strips are expensive and they want you to buy them after. My doctor prescribed the test strips for me so my insurance pays. I still have to pay the co-pay.

The reason I ask about blood sugars is that with some people there sugars can fall in the night and this can wake them up. Tell you doctor about this when you see him next and ask him about checking your sugars and any other suggestions about why you are waking in the middle of the night.

Meggles07
on 9/6/18 5:44 am - Canada

CC, I'm sorry to hear about your family member. It sounds like you have a lot of great memories of her though.

Today we are going to see the pediatrician and get the little nugget weighed. I'm hoping our hard work is paying off :)

Also, I just found out yesterday that my friend and colleague from school is five months pregnant after years of fertility struggles and I'm so excited for her. What I find interesting is that I often have thought of weight as a big factor in fertility but this friend was a very healthy weight. Its just a good reminder that it can affect so many people.

QOTD: I will have to look for a puppy costume. I was thinking about dressing her up as a ladybug because I actually have a baby costume that we put on the dogs does that count?? Lol

No menu. Lots and lots of water.

crqvingchange
on 9/6/18 10:18 am

Dogs and baby all in the same costume counts. I just think it would be cute to see all 3 lined up with Keira in the middle. Think cute Christmas card. Maybe get a professional pic done. See I have no problem spending your money, lol.

wrkinprogress
on 9/6/18 11:34 am

I'm just thankful C.C. didn't suggest baby Thor!!

kamac
on 9/6/18 6:19 am
VSG on 07/09/18

CC, sending big hugs your way. Your loved one sounds like a fascinating, wonderful woman. I'm sorry for your loss. Please take it easy and be extra kind to yourself today

Today, fingers crossed, my loved one is coming home from the hospital. It's been a long, exhausting week. So hopefully there will be a few days of relative normality before further results come in, and the journey at the cancer center begins.

Accountability: Didn't do as well yesterday as I had planned- ate 1/2 Quest bar for breakfast, 1/2 Quest bar for lunch, and a few nibbles of Moon Cheese for dinner (I was so happy to see the hospital pharmacy sold Moon Cheese). Also ate something I shouldn't have- 2 Smart Cakes. Smart Cakes have great macros (38 calories, 4g protein, zero carbs, zero sugar, zero wheat) but can easily be a trigger food. Best for me to stay away from them for now. I got my water in though.

QOTD: I love this question! Puppy costume is a great idea. Think of the photos Meg could get with the other pups. Cuteness overload!

My 1 year old niece was going to be an Ewok this year. But my sister just received a handy-me-down costume from a friend...a baby turkey costume, lol. So my niece will be a turkey for Halloween. But Ewok babies look so freakin adorable. So that's suggestion. Ewok.

Food plan for today:

Breakfast: Quest bar

Lunch: Don't know yet. If at hospital, maybe grilled chicken sandwich without the bun. If at home, I'll make up a protein shake and have some cheese.

Dinner: Shredded beef (forgot to take it out of the freezer yesterday, but it's out thawing on the counter now).

"Smile at a stranger, but not in a creepy way." Lol. But honestly, I've really come to learn this past week that a warm smile, pleasant small talk, and seemingly small acts of kindness can make a big difference in someone's life.

Hope everyone has lots of little moments to treasure today.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 9/6/18 10:19 am

Sending hugs to you as well. Small acts of kindness are the gift that gives back equally.

Most Active