What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 8/28/18 7:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

How to Get Away With Murder is a mus****ch!! Love that show!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

kamac
on 8/28/18 9:29 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Your poor roof! I would be so ticked off. And at first I read your post as "SO and I broke the elliptical yesterday" and I was thinking, "oh no first the roof now the elliptical", lol.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

rny_ivy
on 8/28/18 10:55 am

LOL no, thank god, we didn't break the elliptical! (yet...)

We did learn that my SO is a liiiiittle bit too tall for it. I'm 5'4" and he's 6'4". We have a drop ceiling in our basement, so he just needs to move the tile aside when he uses it. He claims it's "workable" and it worked for him last night, so I guess it's not the end of the world. It's actually quite funny to watch.

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

VioletFemme
on 8/28/18 8:43 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

Watching: Black Mirror. Uggh that show is sooooo good. At little creepy and disturbing. Is American Horror Story still on netflix? I might re-watch Murder House and Coven to prep for the upcoming season.

B - Breakfast sandwich - 1 egg + eggs, quac, hot sauce on 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, faux coffee with soy creamer

L - I have a salad in the 4 cup containers (field greens, lettuce, tomatoes)

D - Going out for a work dinner. Will probably get a protein + a salad or veggies

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

kamac
on 8/28/18 9:20 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I need to give Black Mirror a second chance. Everyone I know absolutely loves it, I love Charlie Brooker shows, I love creepy stuff...but for some weird reason I couldn't get into Black Mirror. I should watch an episode tonight.

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

kamac
on 8/28/18 9:08 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Morning!

Having a quiet day today- walking on treadmill, sort through clothes, catch up on reading. The past few days have been busy so I feel the need to recharge. CC, I'm the opposite of you, lol. Hope your adjustment went well. Good call on resting and letting your body settle.

I attended a family birthday party over the weekend. Kept up my water, had some cheese and charcuterie. No problems with eyeballing portions. I did find it difficult to eat and socialize at the same time. Post-surgery I've gotten so used to sitting and concentrating when I eat. When I couldn't do that, it felt weird and uncomfortable. I didn't end up eating much, but I had a protein shake when I got home.

Accountability: Not proud of this, but dinner last night was a lettuce wrapped Big Mac without the bun. I was running around a lot yesterday and made the mistake of not planning my meals the night before. Didn't eat any lunch. Didn't get my protein in (57g total for the day). Not a total disaster but not good. Pre-planning is crucial. Won't be letting that happen again.

QOTD: I just finished watching Season 1 of Channel Zero- Candle Cove on Shudder (scary/creepy shows are my no.1 guilty pleasure). It was definitely creepy and I'm planning to watch Season 2 when it's up on Shudder in the fall.

Food (at 7 weeks post-op):

Sticking with shakes today because my stomach is feeling a little off (no surprises there)

Breakfast: Protein shake (crushed ice, cold-brewed coffee, egg white protein powder, 2 tbsp whipping cream, SF flavouring)

Lunch: Protein shake (crushed ice, unsweetened almond milk, egg white protein powder, oikos greek yogurt, SF flavouring)

Dinner: Protein shake, same as lunch.

All vitamins, aiming for 3 litres water.

Calories: 749; Protein: 96.2g; Carbs: 19.9g; Fat: 21.6g.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

rny_ivy
on 8/28/18 9:26 am

Some McDonald's will let you buy literally just the patty--although it's kinda bland, salty, and weird without sauce and stuff--which I used to do when I was eating keto and desperate. Some other options I would do was buying a rotisserie chicken and picking at it, or going to the salad section of stores and picking up chicken or hardboiled eggs. Some also sell cans of premade chicken or tuna salad, if you want something more moist.

kamac
on 8/28/18 2:41 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I definitely could have and should have picked up a BBQ chicken. My local butcher does them with free-range chickens. I could have easily had a healthy meal.

Next week I can start eating nuts, so I'm planning to always have a small bag of almonds in my purse when I go out. That way I'll be less likely to make bad decisions when I'm tired and hungry.

The lettuce wrapped Big Mac has 5g carbs (sauce and onions included), which isn't bad at all. But of course it's poor quality food, and such a bad habit to get into.

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

rny_ivy
on 8/28/18 11:03 am

Oh, nuts are so perfect for that! I wish certain foods were less perishable like that, but nuts are pretty delicious.

And to be fair, I don't think a BBQ chicken would be a quick or easy eat, whereas a McDonald's burger all wrapped up definitely could be an "on-the-go" kind of thing.

crqvingchange
on 8/28/18 10:23 am

Ivy if you don't mind me asking, how long were you on Keto and did you have any issues with it? I bought a Keto bagel and it wasn't bad. I try to stay low carb because I am Type 2 Diabetic and have been thinking of switching to full Keto for the other benefits.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active