What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

rny_ivy
on 8/22/18 9:20 am

I'm pre-op, I hope it's ok if I post too! I'm aiming for 1600-ish cals a day, and my dietitian wanted me to focus on eating carbs & making softer foods (ie, stewing instead of grilling). I also meal prep everything on Sunday and tend to eat the same thing every day

B: Shake with 1 cup milk, 1 banana, 2 tbsp PB2, 1/3 cup oats, and ice

L: 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 1 cup zucchini, 3.5 oz chicken breast, which I stewed & pulled with 1/2 a cup of tomato sauce

S1: 1/3 cup hummus & celery

D: lemongrass chicken (made in crockpot): 2 chicken thighs, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup snow peas, 1/3 cup brown rice, and sauce

S2: 1/2 vanilla greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen cherries

Water: Only have had 625 ml so far and it's lunch time, need to get on that!

Exercise: 20 min walk with pooch or 30 mins calisthenics, or maybe even both!

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

kamac
on 8/22/18 10:42 am
VSG on 07/09/18

I found a great help to post here pre-op. It helped me establish the routine of planning and tracking meals, and to stay focused and accountable.

I need to start doing what you do, meal prepping everything on Sunday. Do you portion out your meals in their own containers and freeze them?

The lemongrass chicken sounds lovely!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

rny_ivy
on 8/22/18 11:29 am

Thank you!! and I have tried portioning out individually although I dont do that as much recently, as I'm low on containers and dont want to buy many more (they take up so much space in my already tiny kitchen!). Right now I use larger containers to hold everything, then the night before/day of, I'll portion everything into an appropriately sized container using my kitchen scale. I don't really freeze anything because I'm scared of freezing them (had a bad experience with 20 homemade breakfast burritos), but I know a lot of people do it!

The lemongrass recipe I used was nomnompaleo's, with a few substitutions (meat choice and soy sauce over coconut aminos)and it is absolutely divine! Even my SO who rarely praises food said it was "really tasty", which is special coming from him.

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

kamac
on 8/22/18 1:47 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Just bookmarked the website, her recipes look really good!

I know what you mean about space and containers. Sounds like you got a good system going.

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/22/18 11:35 am

Of course you are welcome Ivy. Glad to have you aboard.

I would focus on complex carbs. That and healthy fats and dense protein will give you the most satiety and help to avoid cravings. Staying hydrated will also help.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/22/18 10:31 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good afternoon everyone! Missed posting yesterday because things got busy, but I've still been tracking my food. CC, you're an exercise inspiration. I want to get to where you are- swimming, yoga, and gym all in one day.

Accountability: Food, water, vitamins all good. Treadmill is a different story. Next week I have more free time and I'm making it my priority to establish a regular exercise routine.

QOTD: This is actually something my therapist wants me to think about. So far no one has asked about my weight or any other intrusive questions (except my mother lol). It's more questions about how my surgery went and how I'm feeling. But as I lose more I'm sure this issue will come up, and it's good to be prepared. I need to give it some thought.

Food:

Breakfast: 1/2 protein shake (1/2 scoop egg white protein, decaf coffee, 1 tbsp whipping cream, 1/2 tbsp butter, SF Torani)

Lunch: 1/3 cup shredded chicken breast with cream cheese; 40g Jarlsberg cheese

Snack: Protein shake (egg white protein powder & unsweetened almond milk)

Dinner: 1/2 cup shredded chicken breast with cream cheese; 40g Jarlsberg cheese

Calories: 810.7; Protein: 86.8g; Carbs: 6.9g; Fat: 48.1g

Hope everyone is well and has a good day!

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/22/18 11:41 am

Kara you will be exercising like me in no time. But better yet you will be exercising like Ginny.

When I spoke with the nutritionist last month, she said that the people that exercise regularly tend to be the ones that track their macros and stay on program. Honestly fear of regain scares the sh** out of me, so I will take any and all advice that keeps me in line.

I am always learning more about the WOL and OH is one of my research sources.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/22/18 2:08 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

That makes sense. It's all about prioritizing good health. The social worker at my center said something similar, that while exercise doesn't help us lose weight, there is a huge correlation between exercise and successfully maintaining weight loss. I'm sure the positive effect it has on mood and appetite regulation are part of it, too.

I hope I'll be exercising like you and Ginny And it's a great way to rack up NSVs (I need to tape a big sign to my treadmill- "TIME TO RACK UP SOME NON SCALE VICTORIES B*TCH")

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active