What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 7/24/18 3:51 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. This morning I'm going swimming, and then I have to make a trip to Guelph, and then this afternoon I think I'll hit the gym.

Accountability: There was an unplanned protein bar yesterday.

Question of the Day: What routine do you use to remember to take your vitamins? I have mine right beside my computer, and also I have spares in my purse just in case I forget to take them.

4 years post-op the eats today are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream and sweetener

S. Protein iced coffee after swimming

L. Half of an avocado with spicy crab spread in it.

D. Jalapeno/Cheddar burger with a fried egg on top and a very small side salad

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/24/18 6:33 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I'm definitely getting a lot less sleep these days. Puppies had me up through the night and then I woke up around 6am. Took them outside and tried to go back to sleep. This morning I have to go for an ultrasound and then this afternoon the dogs are getting their nails trimmed (she had to move the appointment).

QOTD: I have a few tricks to help -- I put my vitamins where I will be at the time I take them. My morning and night time ones are in my bedroom, daytime ones are in the kitchen. It has been extra challenging since adding two iron supplements to fit them in my schedule. I use an app on my phone to set time reminders to take them. I find it also helps me remember if I have taken everything.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - homemade oatmeal muffin

Lunch - tbd

Snack - egg and pickles

Dinner - BBQ chicken and veggies

Snack - watermelon

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/24/18 11:07 am

Meg I was in the Danby Outlet store in Guelph and they sell the Lucky Fish (developed by the University of Guelph). Basically you put it in the pot with anything you are boiling or put it in the kettle. The idea is that some of the iron from the fish is infused into the liquid and you ingest it. For every fish you buy one is donated to a family in a country that has high rates of anemia. I saw it on CTV a few years ago. I bought one and we will see how it goes. The lady at the store said that a gentleman bought one and it is working where iron supplements didn't.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/24/18 11:10 am - Canada

It's funny you should mention these... I was going to buy one on Amazon prime day but we decided it was too much. Do you mind me asking how much they were at Danby?

crqvingchange
on 7/24/18 11:58 am

It was 29.99 and she took off 5.00. I thought that was a reasonable price to give it a try. I spend more than that on Feramax. I'm thinking every little bit helps. The Danby store is on Whitelaw Rd. just a block away from Fife and Elmira roads. They have some interesting stuff in there that are not appliances. We originally went in to buy a dehumidifier. It's close to the Guelph Costco, that has a gas bar.

Meggles07
on 7/24/18 12:05 pm - Canada

I will definitely check it out :) I will take DH, he loves kitchen stuff. Cooking is his domain lol.

corriev
on 7/24/18 8:21 am, edited 7/24/18 1:21 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Peepes - I'm back , but just for a few days then I'm going camping at Pinery,

Had a very busy day in Vancouver, and then went to Tobermory for the weekend, That was great.. a pity about the rain though, but never the less it was great to catch up on sleep.

I am a creature of habit, so keep my vits on my dressed and take them as i wake up, on my way to the shower, i grab the pills, put the kettle on, put the vits by the tea cup and go shower.. that way i know its taken ...

My day.

B - Protein shake

S - Cheese

L - Brunswich Herring fish

S - Cheese

D - Grilled Chicken BBQ with salad

S - Drive by chicken.

MFP:

Cal - 490

Prot: 82

fat: 17

carb - 6

Have a blessed day everyone

crqvingchange
on 7/24/18 11:09 am

Corrie, glad you had a good trip in Vancouver and got to see your sister. Tobermory is beautiful and I always sleep better near water.

kamac
on 7/24/18 8:35 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Morning! Not sure why but I'm having some trouble with nausea today. Gonna take it easy and read or watch Netflix, and just concentrate on getting my water and protein in. Scale is up 2lbs which I suspect is due to my carby cream of mushroom soup indulgence on Sunday, although it could just be a regular blip or stall.

QOTD: I put my vitamins (and medication) in those little jam jars you get in gift baskets. I've got one jar each for my morning, noon, and bedtime vitamins. I put them out where I see them and am just in the habit of making sure I have my jar when I go to eat.

Accountability: Didn't track my water yesterday, and I suspect I didn't get in my 8 cups. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling so hot today. I want to get a big thermal water bottle (that keeps the water cold) that I can fill up with my day's worth of water, and then pour from it throughout the day. It would be an easy way to keep track.

Food Plan: 3 protein shakes (crushed ice, water, almond milk, egg white protein powder, chocolate peanut butter flavouring from Canadian Protein)

Calories: 453, Protein: 81g, Carbs: 9g

Have a great day, everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/24/18 11:13 am

Kara be careful, dehydration will sneak up on you. It can definitely make you feel nauseous, but also it can drop your blood pressure. When I was 6 months post-op, I took a tumble down a flight of stairs and ended up in hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. Dr. Agarwal said most likely I was dehydrated. When the ambulance took me to the hospital they checked my BP repeatedly and it was running in the 80's over 40's.

Most Active