What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 7/16/18 3:45 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. The weekend was perfect. DH and I had date night at a new place and it was good, we will return there. Did some visiting of friends over the weekend but for the most part it was pretty chill.

Today I'm going swimming and then chores, chores, chores.

Accountability: All good and on plan

Question of the Day: When is the last time you rode a bike? I haven't been out biking this year, and yesterday I told my husband to get it ready for me (He has it hanging up high from the ceiling in the garage). Once the weather is a little cooler I want to get out biking.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months and 30 days:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream

S. Protein Iced Coffee

L. Salami and mozzarella rollups with a side salad.

D. Meatloaf and asparagus

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/16/18 5:26 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today I'm going back to see my midwife -- they offered to help with baby aftercare because I had to transfer to an OB. They are so nice so I'm going they can provide that care. Then I have another Drs appointment to review my latest blood work. My iron continues to drop even with extra supplements.

QOTD: I think it has been two years since I rode my bike. We don't have a good spot at our house for keeping it safe so it actually lives in our house. This makes it really unconvenient for getting it out. So, DH has decided to try and turn it into an e-bike that he can ride to work.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein popsicles

Snack - egg and pickles

Lunch - leftover BBQ meat from a restaurant on the weekend

Snack - dates and almonds

Dinner - sausages (we finally went to the farmers market)

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/16/18 8:07 am

You might be a good candidate for iron infusions. See if you can get a referral to a hematologist. Maybe also eat oranges at the same time you take iron supplements.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/16/18 9:04 am - Canada

I generally try to paid the iron with some vitamin C. I don't know if they will send me for a transfusion, but I will ask. They may wait to see what happens until after delivery :)

kamac
on 7/16/18 7:35 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning! Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend, CC.

It's hard to believe a week ago I was in the operating room. Right now I'm feeling pretty good overall. I'm getting my fluids and protein in, and physically feeling better every day. The awful bloated, distended feeling in my abdomen is much better, thank goodness.

Tomorrow is my 1 week follow up appointment, and I'm going to ask if I can start walking slowly on the treadmill. Not much on for today, just more walking, resting, and sipping (and logging everything in a journal).

QOTD: Gosh, since forever ago! At least 15 years- I did some bike rides in the park and took spinning classes in my late 20's. I don't even own a bike right now, but it's certainly something for me to think about for next summer...

Food: --2 protein shakes (each shake = 1 scoop egg white protein, 1 cup crushed ice, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup almond milk, and flavouring)

--1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese

--1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt with 2 scoops of Naked Goat and some flavouring

--At least 4 cups of water (I'm counting the liquids in my protein shakes as part of my total fluid intake).

Calories: 589, Carbs: 24g, Protein: 94g

I'm a little worried my calories might be too high at this stage (generally between 550-650), but I REALLY want to get in at least 90g of protein a day. Plus I'm a heavyweight, and tall, so I'm hoping it's an appropriate amount but still unsure. Will be asking about it at my appointment tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/16/18 8:12 am

I think you are doing great Kara. Your calories are mostly from protein powder. Don't be surprised if they tell you that you are a little high on the protein. Usually the NUT will say more carbs less protein yet they want you to hit that min. of 60g. How does 60g apply to everyone, regardless of height, weight, or frame?

kamac
on 7/16/18 12:25 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Yes, I'm expecting to butt heads a little with the dietician over carbs, sometime down the road. She even specifically said in the pre-surgery class, "don't pay attention to people on the wls forums who say to cut out carbs"

The protein requirements are listed as 60-90g for women (70-100 for men), so I'm glad at least in Kingston they give us a range which makes sense. Oh, and my booklet says "you may need more protein based on your body needs. Talk to your bariatric dietician." That's good too.

I totally agree with you, I don't believe "one size fits all" when it comes to protein or carbs or anything else. There are certain perimeters of what's healthy, but then we all need to learn what works best for our bodies within those perimeters.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active