What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 7/13/18 4:19 am

Good morning Culinary Counting Cuties. Welcome to your beautiful weekend. Today I am going swimming, then tonight is date night, so dinner out and listening to live music.

Accountability: Ended up going out for dinner and had wings with a salad

Question of the Day: What type of vitamin does your Centre recommend? Guelph recommends a prenatal multivitamin daily. I am old enough that I am slightly embarrassed when I buy my vitamins at Costco. I'm afraid someone will say "How far along are you", lol.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months are:

B. Rivers of decaf with cream

S. Protein iced coffee

L. Half of an avocado with spicy crab spread.

D. Not sure what I'm going to order but it will be protein first.

Have a great weekend everyone. Make great choices and enjoy this beautiful weather.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 7/13/18 4:51 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I have an appointment at the hospital and then my friend might bring her puppy over again. Other than that the only thing on my to do list is a nap. Puppies do not sleep well when it is warm. They alternate between snuggling me and sleeping on the cool bathroom tile floor.

QOTD: I'm on so many vitamins right now... The main one is the Kirkland prenatal. I also take extra vitamin D, B12, calcium, and iron. I like the Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium citrate in chocolate flavour.

Post-op three years and four months.

Breakfast - protein shake with blueberries

Snack - almonds and dates

Lunch - leftover chicken burrito

Snack - cheese and pepperoni

Dinner - pork roast and veggies

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 7/13/18 9:34 am

Hope everything goes well at the hospital.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 7/13/18 7:17 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning! CC, you're cracking me up!

Got home from Toronto yesterday, it's so nice to be back in my own bed. The plan for today (and the weekend) is to watch Netflix, walk around the house and yard every hour, toot as much as possible (the toots started yesterday, lol, luckily I haven't had much gas pain), and sip away at my protein shakes and water. SF freezies are wonderful!

QOTD: My centre recommends chewable/liquid etc vitamins for 4-8 weeks after surgery. They have 4 different recommendations of good supplement combos for this period. I went with Celebrate Bariatric Supplement and Celebrate Iron + C chews. Will start them next week. Past the 8 week mark, I'm planning to go back to my usual vitamin and supplement regime, with tweeks as recommended. I've taken a lot of vitamins everyday religiously for the past 2 years.

Food: my goal today is to get 3 complete protein shakes into me (1 cup each), 1/2 cup at a time (unsweetened almond milk, Naked Goat powder, Torani SF syrup). That will give me 72g protein, 33g carbs, 555 calories.

I'm also going to try to get 1-2 cup of water and SF freezies into me. For a total of 4-5 cups fluids all together. My booklet says aim for 4-6 cups fluids daily, it seems like so much! But I'm sure I can work my way up to it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

kamac
on 7/13/18 7:26 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Oh, just calculated- 4 SF freezies equal 1 cup of fluid. That's gonna help me get my fluids in for sure!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 7/13/18 9:37 am

Keep sipping small sips while you Netflix binge. Those small sips every few minutes add up over the day. I tried to take a few big swallows when I was 1 week post-op and it came right back up. Learned my lesson there.

corriev
on 7/13/18 11:07 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - ok so imagine my embarrassment when i buy prenatal Vits... Along with that i take Co-enzym for heart, and D, B12,and daily aspirin.

Off to Vancouver this weekend to go work - might be a bit off line a few days.

have a blessed weekend all.

B - Protein Shake

S - mixed Nuts

L - Grilled chicken with Greek Salad

D - Steak BBQ and Veg

S - Steak walk past

MFP says

CAL - 532

Carb - 8

Prot - 89

fat - 15

crqvingchange
on 7/13/18 11:52 am

Corrie you need to find someone to hook you up with prenatal vitamins, lol. Have you had any problems taking aspirin?

Enjoy Vancouver and we will see you when you get back.

corriev
on 7/13/18 12:37 pm
VSG on 03/06/18

Hi there, ask my wife and she wants nothing to do with buying them... lol - thank goodness the bottles are huge.

No issues at all with Asprin.. other than small cuts bleed allot, but its all good.

Advantage of working in Vancouver is being able to see my sister.

Most Active