What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 6/13/18 4:24 am

Happy Hump Day Menu Peeps. Corrie, I hope you are enjoying your family visit. I'm sure they are giving you lots of well deserved compliments.

I have the car today, so I am heading to the pool to do some swimming. Then I am off to yoga, and maybe the gym. No weeding today because it looks rainy out there. I did get a lot done yesterday.

Accountability: Really good, I stuck to my food plan, and that feels great.

Question of the Day:

The eats today at 3 years 10 months post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein used as creamer/sweetener.

S. Protein iced coffee between swimming and yoga

B2. Scrambled egg with sausage

L. Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber "crackers"

D. Shrimp salad in half of an avocado.

Totals: 1015, Carbs 20, Fibre 7, Fat 63, Protein 93

I am still low carbing to try and keep my liver small in case I get a surgery date soon. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day everyone and make good choices.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

crqvingchange
on 6/13/18 4:29 am

Sorry guys, I forgot Question of the Day and OH is not letting me edit.

How do you handle compliments after weight loss? I'm a little shy and tend to say thank you and change the subject quickly.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/13/18 5:14 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Doctor's appointment and groceries on the schedule today. I sat around waiting for the UPS shipment yesterday instead of doing errands. The window was 10am-2pm, so of course they showed up at 4:50pm. If the depot was closer I would have gone out and just risked it, but last time I had to drive 30 minutes away to get a parcel that I missed.

Puppies just came in from outside and both are very wet. So of course they want to snuggle. I think we will hibernate for the rest of the day other than my appointment lol.

QOTD: I've received a few compliments but most people now have only known me post-op or are close friends and family. The funniest thing was when I went back to school and had a meeting with an older male professor. He looked and me and said, "have you gotten... Taller?" Lol.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - egg, pickles

Lunch - leftover chicken

Snack - Greek yogurt, oatmeal bites

Dinner - beef tacos

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/13/18 11:23 am

Meg that's not fair that you are getting taller. My husband is getting taller. I am not getting shorter, lol.

Enjoy your hibernation day.

Ginnny
on 6/13/18 5:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Menu Peeps! How have you all been? Well back to the gym this morning and did 10 kms (6.25 mi) on the elliptical, whew took me a few minutes longer than usual but I have been away from the gym for a bit.

This weekend we are going camping in Lake Port State Park, MI. Leave friday after work and taking the monday off as well. Looking forward to the down time. And will be stocking up on some yummy greek yogurt flavours!!

Post Op 2ys 2 mos

B -1/2 PC thin bun, 1 egg, 1 cheese slice

S - greek yogurt (I forgot any fixin's for it so it will be boring)

L - taco salad, ground beef, shredded cheese, sour cream, catalina dressing

S - roasted chicken breast

D - BBQ pork ribs

Cal 1284, Protein 125, Carbs 61

Have a good one!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/13/18 11:24 am

Mmmmm Light and Fit yogurt, so many flavours, so good.

Ginnny
on 6/13/18 5:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16
corriev
on 6/13/18 7:52 am, edited 6/13/18 1:25 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Peeps..

QOTD - Not sure if the comment " you've lost the weight of a child!" is a compliment or insult lol ;-)so I am also shy about answering, but i feel free to share my experience with friends that i know need the program too. I purposely didn't tell a few of my close friends because they gave me heck about it before the surgery when i said i was looking at doing the life change.. The typical " its a shortcut!, or its a cop out or its the easy way out" we have all been there. So i went to see my friend ( actually my Captain in 1988 in the military) and he was gob smacked when he saw me, and after I explained the health benefits i have had, he gave me the nod of approval. I bit of tongue in cheek , for other people that don't know i had WLS i just say i realize i was constipated and had a huge dump.. that's what happened lol

My day today -

B- Protein shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Poached chicken with and Avocado and cottage cheese ( first time and boy its good)

S - Poached egg in microwave

D - Tuna in water, with Salsa and cottage cheese

S - Slice of deer sausage

All Vits and water

MFP says. ( i bit higher in the calories and carbs today, but good protein numbers)

Cal - 766

carb - 27

prot - 119

fat - 21

crqvingchange
on 6/13/18 11:28 am

Corrie, you crack me up. A big dump was all we needed.

No one told me I lost the weight of a small child, but someone did tell me I was half the woman I used to be. I took that as an insult. I am all 100% woman. No half measures, lol.

Most Active