What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 6/4/18 12:21 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. I had the best Friday night. One of my favourite NSV's is dancing and I sure did a lot of that. I danced like no one was watching. Saturday morning I hurt, but I would do it all over again because I had so much fun.

Where are some of our MIA Menu Peeps? We miss you. Check in so we know you are alright. Calling Ginny, Linda, Corrie, Murt, Scary, Kathy, Jo and anyone else I might have forgotten.

Accountability: I was really good this weekend. Ate a whole lobster with butter, but it wasn't a large one and I took my time.

Question of the Day: You don't have to tell me who you are voting for, but have you decided yet? I am still reading the talking points and comparing candidates. For some reason this election has me second guessing my vote. I had better figure it out by Thursday, lol.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with either PP Vanilla or SF Coffeemate.

B2. Burnbrae egg bake

S. Iso gold Double/Double iced coffee protein shake at the gym

L. Shrimp with Chipotle aioli stuffed in half of an avocado

D. Shrimp in a Harissa butter sauce with Green Giant Riced Cauliflower and a few French green beans

S. Fit Frappe Protein hot latte

Totals: 1027, Carbs 40, Fibre 13, Fat 53, Protein 112

Exercise: Swimming, then the gym.

All vitamins and water.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 6/4/18 5:39 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I'm loving these cooler nights we have been having... It helps so much with good sleep. Today I have a doctor's appointment -- she is the one following my bariatric blood work and blood sugars. I expect she will say I can just come back in another six weeks as there haven't been any flags this round. Then I'm going to pick up a surprise for DH. He knows there is a surprise coming but not what it is ;)

QOTD: this is the first time I am really struggling with the vote. I've been watching the news but some days that doesn't help.

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - cabbage rolls stuff

Lunch - leftover chicken wrap

Snack - toast and PB

Dinner - leftover burgers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 6/4/18 7:03 am

Meg, it's the same for me. This is the first time that I am struggling with who to vote for. With everything that is happening globally and especially on this continent (nuff said), I just don't want to get it wrong. Or maybe I should say, I want to be voting my conscience.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 6/4/18 6:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC!!!! I'm here and doing okay. Played ball this weekend, some close games but no wins! BOO.

I haven't really planned my day yet. I had an egg salad sandwich on skinny bread for breakfast and took burgers out of the freezer for supper. Not sure what I will fill in the day with. I do have some strawberries and watermelon with me, but not much on the protein side of things. Will likely have to go out at lunch and grab something.

No gym this morning I just didn't feel like it. Nice to see the rain this morning the gardens will appreciate it.

Have a great day all.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/4/18 6:56 am

Ginny are you still feeling sore from your fall? What is skinny bread?

Ginnny
on 6/4/18 9:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi there, feeling better thanks! This particular "skinny" bread is just PC Brand blue menu I believe.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

corriev
on 6/4/18 9:03 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Sorry Ive been MIA - Work is super busy..

Question: I have chosen who will get my X , and IMO we need a change - big time. We are being taxed hard, and cant afford higher taxes. A fuel hike would mean increase in pricing for everything... So that was my deciding vote. Is the candidate the best, No... but think the change will in the right direction.

Accountability: I was good - However i was so disappointed. I spent the day fishing on Simcoe yesterday with a friend, we did very well. And being on a fishing boat there are always donuts, Pop, candy, and everything else i cant eat.. But alas, there was a bowl of fresh fruit , Pineapple and Strawberries. I haven't eaten fruit that is fresh ( fruit cups yes) in 3 months - So i helped myself to some fruit. I took 3 cubes of pineapple and half a strawberry - Boy where they ever good - fresh and crunchy and oooo so good. i could have eaten more but controlled my urge to go back for more. I had a good sleep and woke up and weighed myself.. I put on 1 pound. i have been really vigilant to keep the straight and narrow.. So my assumption is the fruit, its the fruits fault.. was it worth it , yup.. i chatted to my wife and she said it was a healthy "cheat".. so ill work a bit more to loose the pound this week...

My pursuit for protein today is.

B - Vanilla protein Shake

S - slice home made roast beef

L - 1\2 can tuna in water, with cottage cheese

S - Skyre Yogurt

D - poached chicken breast with Catalina style salsa in trailer preparing for camping

S - Slice NF cheese

MFP says

Protein 81

Carb - 11

Fat - 7

crqvingchange
on 6/4/18 9:18 am

Corrie, fruit is so tasty, especially fresh pineapple and strawberries. You've been really good and working really hard. Remember that the fruit will still be there when you reach goal. I had to put off some things that I wanted in the beginning, and that was the argument that I gave myself (that it would still be there when I reached goal, and not to waste my honeymoon phase). Berries in general are not too high in carbohydrates. Unfortunately pineapple can be high in carbs. When you consume carbohydrate, it binds with water to created glycogen which is stored in the liver. You weight gain is most likely water related.

corriev
on 6/4/18 9:41 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Very true - Work so hard to get it off, and its like a magnet to come back on again.. Damn.. lol

with summer here and all the fresh fruit around its gonna be a challenge for sure.. a pineapple cheat is better than an chocolate cheat ( lol) O help me when i see Cherries...

Most Active