What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

corriev
on 5/29/18 11:41 am
VSG on 03/06/18

I asked my wife to get me an under Armour swimming tops, just as an option.. In my orientation we had a speaker that lost a lot , and he told us to be prepared for the looks and criticism, he said he carries a "before " photo" and one day he was at Darien Lake and a couple of men told him he was an embarrassment and he needed to put a shirt on, at that point he pulled out the picture and told the group of people to walk a day in his shoes before they criticized in future.. I have young kids and they have been asked already why I look like that, so i need to do something to protect them from that sort of conversations. I am only half way on my loss journey and wont do anything until the end, then i will decide what to do as a long term plan.

in the mean time.. Im loving the journey...

crqvingchange
on 5/29/18 1:03 pm

Corrie I love your post. It is sad that what should be just a fun day of playing in the water, should bring out the mean spirit in others. You are doing an amazing job. Don't you let one person spoil your journey. If they try, I want names and addresses, and they will be "dealt with".

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active