What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 5/29/18 6:37 am

Good morning everyone. I am back from my northern excursion. What a wonder time. The weather cooperated and I got to do so many activities.

Today I have a doctor's appointment, then I have lots of laundry and other chores. This is what happens when you run away and play. Stuff just piles up.

Accountability: All in all not too bad seeing I was faced with temptation at every turn.

Question of the Day: If you had only an hour of me time, what would you do? No chores, just me time. It could be taking a nap, reading, meditation, watch TV, just sit in the yard. If it wasn't raining, I would just sit in the yard and take in the sights and sounds. I guess that's a form of meditation.

The eats today are up in the air. I need to do grocery shopping. I'm feeling shrimp and avocado though. Sometimes I think our bodies crave foods that are high in the nutrients we may be low in.

Have a great day everyone. I will be back on track tomorrow with a menu.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/29/18 6:43 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Not too much happening today. I have an appointment at the bank and I will pop over to the grocery store next to it. It's a nicer store but the prices are higher so I don't go there very often. It's supposed to be slightly cooler than yesterday so I might take the puppies out as well.

QOTD: I've had quite a bit of me time lately which I know is quite lucky. Baking has sort of been my zen place lately. I like trying to modify recipes to make them healthier for me to eat. Some work, some don't. DH has been enjoying the fruits of my labour -- I often send them to work in his lunch lol. I also love just playing with the puppies. I'm trying to give them lots of love right now because we are worried about how they will do when we bring the little one home. I think puppy 2 is going to be stoked, but puppy 1 does not like change or new pack members ;)

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein shake - trying a new powder. Wish me luck lol.

Snack - homemade muffin and egg

Lunch - salad and something TBD

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - chicken and veggies

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Meggles07
on 5/29/18 7:11 am - Canada

Adding a pic of puppy 2 -- my little sun dog

crqvingchange
on 5/29/18 11:20 am

What an adorable pup. LOVE that little face and gorgeous fur.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/29/18 11:28 am - Canada

He's my sweet little guy. Absolutely the most loving dog ever. He absolutely adores our other dog and she just finds him annoying lol.

crqvingchange
on 5/29/18 12:59 pm

Ah, he's going to be great with Baby Thor/nugget/nacho.

crqvingchange
on 5/29/18 11:23 am

I think I could play with your puppies all day and then just curl up with them for a nap.

Meggles07
on 5/29/18 11:26 am - Canada

After they climbed all over you and licked/smelled you they would be happy to spend the afternoon napping and snuggling ;) DH says they run on watch batteries. Quick to drain and quick to recharge.

corriev
on 5/29/18 8:32 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello folks - What amazing weather we are having, Love spending time at the Bellwood quarry this past weekend. I must be honest - i was embarrassed on Sunday, it was full of people and i didn't take my shirt off while swimming or sitting in the sun ( to many flaps and hanging skin) but never the less its my journey and ill work with it. loving the energy and being able to get out.

If i have an hour of me time, i would love to spend it fishing.. i can spend hours on a dock watching a bobber and a hooked worm, in anticipation of the slightest movement in the bobber.

I have been reading my journal entries and noticed I'm a creature of habit, eat the same things almost daily, with the odd change ( last night was my 19th anniversary dinner) my wife cooked chicken Devan and asparagus and mushrooms.. it was great to change things up a bit, but today its the same as normal its working so why change the recipie, I am also looking at subing a snack with Biltong ( South African type Jerky Biltong) I make it myself and is a South African tradition. I use less salt and cut the excess fat off the meat. I will start slow.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr Yogurt

L - Tuna with Catalina salsa with cottage cheese.

S - Cup of tea with Milk - in meeting

D - Poached chicken breast with cumcumber

S - Slice roast beef

MFP says

Cal - 530

Protein - 99

Carbs - 19

Fat - 7

crqvingchange
on 5/29/18 11:28 am

Corrie I remember reading someone on this thread a few years ago say that they stayed with what worked for them until they got to goal.

Maybe you can get one of those swimmer's mesh tank tops. My FIL loves to fish. He loves the quiet and the meditative aspect of being by the water. He also loves to eat the fish he catches.

Most Active