What are you eating/doing Friday?

Ginnny
on 5/4/18 5:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning and happy Friday Gang! We made it through another week. This morning I did the stair master, elliptical and some abs at the gym. I'm going to try and increase my time on the dreaded stair master as my muscles really felt it last week so I figure it must be good for me!

Post Op 2 Years +

Gym fuel - 1/2 banana with PB

B - 2 eggs, 1 slice of cheese

S - greek yogurt with coconut clusters

L - spinach salad, with blue berries, mandarin oranges, chicken and poppyseed dressing

S - pot roast, cucumbers

D - TBD

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 5/4/18 6:04 am

Ginny you are a beast in the gym. Sometimes I see girls in the gym that are just starting and you can see how they are struggling but not giving up. I give them the 2 thumbs up and smile and they always have the biggest smile back.

Today I'm getting a ton of errands and chores done, then DH and I are going out for date night.

Accountability: Nope. I had an angry gut yesterday and didn't eat everything on my plan.

The eats today at 3 years 9 months post op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with SF Coffeemate

S. Iced protein coffee

L. Half of an avocado filled with crab salad

D. Beef brisket with a little gravy, salad (I'll bring my own dressing)

Totals: 885, Carbs 47, Fibre 12, Fat 44, Protein 92

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

RosieBelly
on 5/4/18 2:37 pm

Hey CC I see that your cal count is 885 for today. At three years out do you get "regular hungry"? Or do you still just get that empty feeling instead of hunger?

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

crqvingchange
on 5/4/18 3:52 pm

Rosie there are definitely days that I get "regular hungry" but usually later in the day around dinner. Most days I am not hungry until later in the day. I try to eat lunch and a snack so that I don't go overboard with dinner.

Today my gut is still recovering from not feeling well yesterday so I decided to take it easy. Was going to have beef tonight, but have decided against it. I think my pouch needs a rest. I'll have something light for dinner. My calories are usually higher than I planned today, but I rarely go over 1200/day.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

RosieBelly
on 5/4/18 3:59 pm

Thanks CC! At five months out the problems and issues that I worried about when I was a newbie are so different from what my concerns are now. You veterans are such a valuable resource for us.

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Meggles07
on 5/4/18 6:16 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Only two things planned for this rainy day -- going out for lunch with my DH and picking up a few items that are on sale at the grocery store. We are currently trying to empty our freezer, which was not going well. I think my nesting behaviour might be stocking up on food as opposed to cleaning or buying baby things. I find this super interesting as someone with lifetime weight struggles and a good reminder that even postop my default is to turn to food. Even if it's healthy food.

Post-op three years, one month.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - toast and PB

Lunch - tbd with DH

Snack - leftover half burger

Dinner - zucchini lasagna

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/4/18 8:10 am

Meg, I get it. My freezer is full too. If I make a big batch of something, I like it, but get sick of it pretty quickly and I'm still not at the point where I can throw away food all the time. Sometimes I will throw it away if I can't recognize it under the layer of frost. It's a good thing I only have a tiny freezer, lol.

Meggles07
on 5/4/18 8:17 am - Canada

We have a quite large freezer because DH wanted to buy a 1/4 or 1/2 cow. We are on our third order and went with the half cow this time. I have filled every nook and cranny around the beef with things on sale or leftovers like you.

Most Active