What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

crqvingchange
on 5/1/18 3:30 am

Good morning everyone. Looks like it's going to be another nice day. I was able to get some raking done yesterday after doing my errands and it was wonderful. My body hurts, but in a good way from using my muscles.

Today I am going swimming, then a few errands and back at the yard work.

Accountability: Pretty good, but I did change out a snack for some chicken breast.

The eats today at 3 years 9 months:

B. Lots of decaf with SF Coffeemate

S. Protein Iced Coffee

L. Grilled Jerk salmon on a salad of spring mix, sweet peppers, cucumbers, WF Honey/Dijon dressing. I really like this combo, and Zehrs had the salmon on sale for $2.50 each so I bought a bunch.

D. Grilled chicken breast with mango salsa, pico de gallo, avocado

S. Portuguese rotisserie chicken

Totals: 899, Carbs 36, Fibre 12, Fat 35, Protein 111

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/1/18 5:02 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Since today is supposed to be nice I'm planning to run a few small errands. I got quite a few things done yesterday which feels good. We spent a good part of the evening outside BBQing and I got a few little aloe plants off the main one. I'm really hoping they survive.

Post-op three years, one month.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - toast and PB

Lunch - leftover chicken pasta

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - leftover burgers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/1/18 8:57 am

Your pups are going to need a bath after running around on the soft soil.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/1/18 1:38 pm - Canada

Thankfully we went through the wet backyard stage last week or the week before... Then they went to the groomers for a bath ;) the little one has white paw fur so it shows everything.

Ginnny
on 5/1/18 6:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone! I have my ultrasound appointment to see (hopefully and conclusively) if I have a hernia. I would have had to been up much earlier to make it to the gym and my appointment on time so I passed on the exercise. I was so tired at 5:00 when I woke up. My body was just dead weight! I'll take the dogs for a walk after work.

Post Op 2+ years

B - tuna sandwich on weigh****cher bread (1/2 can tuna/mayo/onion)

S - other 1/2 can of tuna

L - going out so not sure - thinking greek salad with chicken

S - old cheddar snack with strawberries (apparently strawberries are a good source of iron)

D - BBQ chicken breast - maybe some salad with it, if I feel like it.

totals without lunch - Cal 678, carbs 37, protein 82

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 5/1/18 9:04 am

Ginny I hope the ultrasound gives you some answers. Good to know about the strawberries. Do you remember some years ago that a charity was set up to donate iron fish to some 3rd world countries because they had a high incidence of anemia? I think that these metal fish were put in the pot when they were cooking so that it increased the iron level in the food they were eating. People have said the same thing about cooking with cast iron. Maybe the Bariatric Centres should give out an iron fish to every patient, lol.

corriev
on 5/1/18 11:28 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello all,

My pursuit of protein looks like ( been on a stall for a few days) but will figure out what im doing. Only change ive made was i had a protein shake for breakfast two days in row, Premier Protein Chocolate 325 Ml 30 G of protein.

B - Skyr yogurt

S- skipped - was in meeting

L - Grilled chicken breast with lettuce, two olives, teaspoon of feta, and 1/4 tomato

s- Road beef slice

D - 1/2 can tuna in water and Catalina style salsa 2 tbl spoons.

s - Slice roast beef

all water and vits

MFP says

521 calories

81 Protein

25 carbs

11 fat

crqvingchange
on 5/1/18 11:58 am

Corrie the further out from surgery you get, the less weight loss is linear and more in steps. I think it's our body's way of adjusting to weight loss. A redistribution of fluids. You are doing great. If your salsa, feta and olives are high in sodium (probably) you will hold on to some water weight for a few days.

I like to use Premier Protein Vanilla as creamer in my coffee. The problem is that they don't sell the vanilla at my Costco. I am going to Guelph next week so I will buy a case then.

corriev
on 5/1/18 12:23 pm
VSG on 03/06/18

Thanks for the advice...

They have the Vanilla , that's were i got my stash of shakes this week.

Have a good one.. will check the sodium levels..

Just checked , Salsa has 230 MG of sodium ( just started using this one from Costco) total sodium intake is 444 mg for the day.

Most Active