Stressing Out Over Nothing

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/18 11:40 am - Windsor, Canada
VSG on 08/27/18

Thank you!

I really like your idea to combat negative thoughts with twice as many positive ones. I think I'm going to have to "steal" it.

The nutritionist told me that she would rather I channel the energy I'm wasting on negative thoughts into trying new things and making changes.

SKimster
on 4/13/18 11:47 am
VSG on 05/22/18

First Off Jelsey I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS for all that you've accomplished. Think of it...you have faced the fact you have to make changes, you started the ball rolling by going to the clinic, you've kept all your appointments, you've started to try to change your eating habits...etc...etc....etc! Try to remember that when you have the bad emotions (we all do) that you are doing GREAT! Even if you had a set-back you are doing GREAT! This is not a task you can conquer in a week or month. This is an ongoing battle for all of us. When you do get stressed or overwhelmed just remember that this is just a temporary feeling and not the 99% of who you are. DON'T EVER GIVE UP and come back here when you need some encouragement. Honestly I've felt the same kind of feelings. Especially about the nurse or dietician. Spill your 'guts' to them. They are there to 100% support you. If you didn't have these feelings then you wouldn't be right for the program. One thing I've really tried to remember is this.....EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY! Whatever you did yesterday doesn't matter. It's like driving a car. You need to look forward and not behind so you don't get into an accident. KEEP GOING YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!

Kimmy in Canada

2017: Aug 16: Referral -- Sep 14: Orientation - Oct 5: Nurse - Oct 23: D/SW/N 2018: Feb 21: D/SW/N - Mar 12: Internist - Mar 23: D/SW - Apr 5: App't with Surgeon - Apr 23: Post-Op Class - May 3: Pre-op Admin in Hospital - May 22: SURGERY

Most Active