Optifast and energy

jleeclements
on 2/18/18 5:46 am
WLS on 02/24/18

I have 4 days left including today and I definitely noticed a decline in energy. I've been going to bed earlier than ever but overall have felt okay. Aside from the physical sensation of eating that I missed, or not just sitting at the table with my family but participating... those are the things I miss the most right now. I'm done wednesday and then have 2 days of clear fluids only, surgery saturday.

My poor husband has been keeping a wary eye so I feel you!! I didn't take any time off work but my job is not as physically demanding, I'm a driver and then I waitress PT during the week. I noticed quite quickly that when I waitress I feel exhausted afterward so I can't imagine a full midnight shift.

Not much in advice but wanted to wish you luck!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 10:43 am - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Thanks!

RosieBelly
on 2/18/18 8:18 am

Hey Karen - I work evenings and nights and tbh I think that is always my biggest challenge when it comes to fatigue! lol I was not worried about being tired but I was worried about being a bit foggy because of the lack of calories. However I found that I was not more tired than normal and I was just as OCD as required for work! Other than the terrible terrible breath no big side effects.

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 10:45 am - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Well, foggy oftentimes comes with the territory of working nights! I think I'll be hyper vigilant about it. I carpool with someone so may have them drive if I'm not feeling all there, better safe than sorry. Sometimes getting home safely in the morning is the hardest part.

Thanks

RosieBelly
on 2/19/18 1:53 pm

Oh the joy of driving home with the birds chirping!

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Most Active