What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 12/4/17 5:47 pm

What you say makes sense to me. Once you are at goal and can handle the odd treat without it creating a binge, i have no problem with that.

There are certain things for me that I know I should avoid. I used to smoke. It took me many, many, many tries to quit smoking (I still think of myself as a smoker in remission). I know that if I have one cigarette my brain will light up and say "Oh I remember that feeling." I might not like the taste of the cigarette, but I would be back to smoking in no time because I am an addict. The smell of pizza used to make my brain light up. Large bowls of pasta would send me into a carb coma. A bag of gummies would give me that dopamine high and have my veins coursing with insulin. Kale salad won't do that to me. I never became obese eating kale salad.

For the most part I think I eat a healthy diet. I have slip ups, and I try to reign it in quickly, as you put it. I eat healthy not so much as the blogger puts it to have "the joy of food", but to live in fear of regain. We only need to go to our clinic and see potential patients that are obese, and remember us as we were when we were obese. That's a pain I never want to live again.

Ms Coffee, I like your 3 cents. You are always welcome to join us on this thread.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/17 6:47 pm

Im a newbie.. still idealistic.. lol.. thank you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics