quite curious about protein (what are you eating to get it all in)

rce884
on 12/2/17 7:12 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks Jo0710

it is good to know i am not alone. i am generally very good with weighing and measuring

thank you so much

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

RosieBelly
on 12/2/17 8:32 am

I am a grand total of NINE days out so my advice may not help but here goes. First off I had a very rough time finding shakes I liked so I finally started using Syntrax from the States so it makes it easier to drink an entire shake made with 8-10 ozs of 2% milk so that adds 13.5 gms over the course of a day making the shake a winner at 365 gms total. I make my jello the regular way but add in .75 of a cup of non fat greek yogurt and so each .25 of a cup has about 3-4 gms of protein. I also make my puddings with a Syntrax shake and milk so that each serving of a .25 cup has 5 gms of protein. I am a big girl now and have permission to start edging into soft foods so I add 2 ozes of chicken puree to any soup or stewish thing I am having for a meal which is another 12 gms of protein.

Today I had cream of wheat with stevia and greek yogurt for B. (prob not again because I have decided CofW and I dont get along. I had one of the little puddings with breakfast and half a twelve oz cappuccino shake made with 2% milk for morning snack and I will fini**** this afternoon.

For lunch I am having a hard boiled egg with some avocado mashed in and a lite laughing cow piece(OMG this is the best meal I have had for ages)

Dinner will be 1/3 of a Luvo chicken kale and white bean chowder partially pureed with 2 oz of chicken and thinned with no salt chicken broth so it isnt stodgey and gluey. (this is pretty fancy for me since I can guarantee most of the time it will be lentil or minestrone soup from PC Blue Label)

I will have a decaf tea later with milk in it which I never did before since I liked it black but to cram in a few more grams of protein I will learn to love it! I know it's long but I feel for you. My plan is to add more things like hummous and cottage cheese once my tum tum tummy is a little less grum grum grumbly!

Totals : protein 62, carbs 27, fibre 4, sugars 7, fat 19, sod 849 calories 484

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

RosieBelly
on 12/2/17 8:45 am

EDIT shake should read at 36 gms of protein

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

rce884
on 12/2/17 10:26 am
RNY on 09/05/17

LOL Good job RosieBelly!

sounds like you are really getting your protein in. and even at this stage. well done.

i am trying some egg. i like eggs they are not always fond of me unfortunatley but i am going to try.

as i said for me soft cheese is a current no go. (what goes down must unfortunately come up)

i am hoping my mom can make me some lentil soup. hers is the best. i never get it quite right. it doenst help that she wings it. never uses a recipe. just throws in whatever is old in the fridge.

mums what can we do with them.

Thanks!

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Most Active
Recent Topics