quite curious about protein (what are you eating to get it all in)

oneatatime
on 12/2/17 2:36 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I just posted it!! :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/17 11:58 am

Put protein in everything missy!! Even a teaspoon can add up!!!

I learned to eat skinless boness wild salmon out of a can yesterday- no mayo - nada- not dry ... just yummy!! How much protein- 28 and 140 calories and 0 carbs!!!

I tend to cook all my own food ... take sole add 1 teaspoon butter garlic etc .. some cooked broccoli.. you got high protein and filling! Fish seems easier to digest.. good luck hon!

rce884
on 12/1/17 12:05 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks!

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

terrylynnishere
on 12/1/17 12:29 pm

I eat boiled eggs, beef jerky, oven-baked chicken breast. I make slow cooker chili with extra ground beef, and stew beef with vegetables in the slow cooker, homemade chicken soup with extra chicken, cottage cheese, ground turkey patties cooked in the oven, yogurt, and pure protein vanilla crème 100% whey powder with 4 oz 1% milk and 4 oz cold water. Keep trying to discover new things until you figure out what works for you, and until then supplement with a protein shake to ensure you get all you protein requirements until your able to eat more.

I hope you find what works for you.

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

rce884
on 12/1/17 1:01 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Thank you Terrylynn that is a very helpful list

i have put beef jerky on my list. i am not sure if baby pouch can handle it yet but i am hopeful i have always loved beef jerky. and eggs. i have eggs on my list. last time i tried cottage cheese it did not go down so well. but that was when i was having trouble with dairy. so i will buy a small container and try again.

thank you so much.

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

OrangeBlossom17
on 12/1/17 2:10 pm

My pouch was a slow healer so I was behind on the food stages. It still prefers soft good at 3 months out. Currently I am unable to get my protein from only food sources so I supplement with premier protein shakes and protein2o.

I Below is a list of some of my goto meals

Breakfasts- Skyrr yogurt with hemp, scrambled egg with 1 tsp cream cheese, 2 baby belle cheeses, I always gave a decaf latte made with Naturel Lactose free milk it is higher in protein than regular milk.

For lunch and dinners I focus on beef or fish as chicken isn't agreeably to my pouch at the moment. I make beef adobe in my instant pot and cook it until it you can shred it, salmon cakes, tuna melts without the bread, saag paneer, salmon with Thai curry sauce are some of my favourites.

I focus on protein but I do try to have a mouthful of veg if I have from.

Be patient with yourself. You will get there.

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

rce884
on 12/2/17 4:40 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thank you OrangeBlossom,

that is super helpful to me. and i am sure anyone else trying to get in protein. especially us slow healers.

i am going to definitely get some of this Skyr yogurt. it sounds very popular and high in protein. i never knew about the lactose free milk being higher in protein I will look into that.

i am going to have to find a sauce or something that i like on fi****hink. it seems to be a very popular option. and i think it would be gentle on my pouch.

Thank you for all your support

Ginnny
on 12/1/17 3:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm sorry but didn't I read you are eating popcorn and egg noodles? Where is the protein in that?

Deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt. Eggs. Chicken. Beef. There is tons of protein options.

Lose the mind set of certain foods for certain meals. Eat your protein!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

rce884
on 12/1/17 4:14 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Lol no popcorn for me and no egg noodles either though they have protein in them. 7g per cup. I have trouble getting any food in so I've been trying to have more than 400 calories a day. And do the whole meals. veg starch and protein

I see we are a bit devided on listening to the NUT or not as a group

cheese until recently was a no go so was yogurt and milk and whey protein and vegan protein was gritty and made me throw up

also my pouch is slow so it's been a bit difficult I am not hungry ever so I'm trying to eat anything but I get the idea protein protein protein lol

i am am making a grocery order with lots of protein deli meat have to try that

Patm
on 12/1/17 5:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Check out the menu thread. Lot of good items there. All meals should be protein forward. I eat meat them some veg. Little fruit and no white carbs only complex like legumes.

Yogurt, chili (home made not tim's) the list goes on and I am sure your centre has given you one.

What meats or protein did you eat before surgery? You should be able to eat them now if you chew them enough. People often do not realise they have to chew until it is almost nothing before swallowing. Your new stomach can not break it down.

Milk is a slider and does not fill you up long enough. You are still not absorbing all your nutrients.

Many if us have listened to the nutritionists and gone our own way. At almost 6 years I am happy with my loss and maintenance.

Most Active
Recent Topics