What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Linda M.
on 11/20/17 8:19 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning,

I love your menus C.C. and it inspires me to prepare better. I have been getting into a bit of a rut and although I am still eating lots of dense protein, I need to mix it up a bit and increase my veggies, and maybe a few different sauces (like your P.C. Hollandaise sauce. A cedar rope is just another term for the cedar garland you can get from garden centres. I got mine on sale - 75 ft. for $27 and it will do around my door, garage and my daughter's garage as well. I like the more natural, woodsy look and I just add some pine cones, ribbon and white lights.

As to your dad, I know what you are going through and although there were four siblings to help out (my second brother had passed away), I was the only one who drove from Orillia to Brampton, to downtown Toronto to take him to all of his appointments. One of my sisters, who was only a 15 drive away, was the person to call, but, thankfully, my father was in full control until the end. The staff loved him and although he was forgetful, we would just joke about it. When I asked him how it was going with Debbie (my sister), he would roll his eyes and I would laugh. Can you be a soul mate with your own father? If so, we were. The only thing I would say is to remember that there are professionals who can help and that, if they fail, they are still adults. My one sister used to speak to him in a slow, annoying way. He started responding the same way - then would wink at me when she freaked out that he was regressing. I'm a P.M. away and I wish you lots of encouragement and support.

B - protein shake and lots of black decaf.

L - chicken breast, 1 oz. cheddar and 1 tbsp. low fat mayo

D - chicken breast (end of them), 1 oz. cheddar and 1 tbsp. Tzatziki

S - 5 oz. Skyr. with S.F. syrup

Calories: 904, Protein: 125, Carbs: 19. All water and vitamins.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 11/20/17 8:00 pm

Thank you Linda. You are such a sweetheart. Dad is a very likeable person and is generally in good humour. These past months have been trying for both of us. It was very hard to leave my family for that length of time and it was hard for him to adjust to his new limitations (this is where the misbehaving comes in).

I love live garlands as well, and that's a great price.

If you send me a list of some of your favourite ingredients, I'll send you back some menu suggestions. You should know that I am a lazy cook. Simple, tasty, fast to prepare is my kitchen mantra.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics