anyone else HATE eating???

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 1:09 pm

Man that really sucks. I can't imagine trying to do this without shakes. I really hope that you find something that works for you.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/17 4:24 pm

Sorry for your pain... have you spoken to TWH.... I mean is something wrong? I hope this gets resolved soon.

rce884
on 11/11/17 6:07 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Hey Ms Coffee,

just waiting to hear back

I hope it gets resolved too. this is driving me nuts!

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

leeann73
on 11/10/17 3:57 am

What if you had soups and put "skim milk piwder" for the protein. I wonder if the powder version of milk would make you react the same way. Other than that if you cannot tolerate the volume of the food you need to find a good protein drink you can get in. Call your clinic.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

rce884
on 11/11/17 6:08 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Yeah i know i need to get in the protein but so far all the protein drinks make me ill. it is not a good thing. not a good thing at all

I have sent an email to the nutritionist.

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

crqvingchange
on 11/10/17 4:01 am

This will get better. Make sure you are taking all of your vitamins. On days that you are not meeting your protein numbers, use protein shakes, protein puddings (instant pudding made with Greek yogurt, or protein powder added). Most people that are lactose intolerant can handle Greek yogurt and cheese. Shrimp are high in protein and easier to digest. Eat protein like it's your job right now. It is what is helping your body heal.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

rce884
on 11/10/17 9:15 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thank you. i know but even getting the HUGE horse pills that are vitamins is difficult. i take my morning pills and am FULL until lunch time. I suspect Everything with protein shakes, yogurt bars etc all have whey protein and that is milk based i dont think it is lactose intolerance i don't know what it is about it but all protein powders and shakes are a no go for me. i can have a little bit of protein powder but not the full scoop as recommended. more nausea.

i am intrigued by the shirmp

i know i am on myfitnesspal and i track like crazy watching my protein numbers and being frustrated.

i am going to write the nutritionist today

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 7:31 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Go back to pureed for a bit. Can make tons of pureed meals without milk and it will at least be easier to get down and you can avoid dairy if that seems to be a problem. Puree beans or meat with some broth and try that. Doesn't always look appetizing but it's a way to get some nutrients into you. I know many love refried beans with cheese on top and guess you could use the vegan cheese if you really want cheese or just tried the refried beans. I pureed roast beef with broth and added in some well cooked veggies to get in a more complete meal. I did the same with chicken and veggies and broth. Just keep it moist and liquedy and it may go down a lot easier.

rce884
on 11/12/17 8:50 am
RNY on 09/05/17

I may have to go that route. thank you Tracey.

Kathy1212
on 11/12/17 9:35 am

I'm sorry you're having trouble.

How far out are you now? When I first tried to transition from purees to soft foods, I had a lot of pain and issues, so my surgeon put me back on full liquids for 2 weeks followed by 2 extra weeks of purees, and it helped a lot, and the second time I tried to transition to soft foods was a lot easier and I was able to tolerate foods I couldn't the first time around.

Maybe go back to pureed meats for now. Can you handle plain Greek or Skyr yogurt? They're high in protein, low in sugar.

I couldn't drink milk either, even small amounts made me sick and nauseated. I agree it was the sugars. I am luckily fine with premier protein shakes and still use them as decaf coffee creamers every day.

Someone else mentioned shrimp, and that was one of the foods I could tolerate easily. I still love it, and it's so easy to throw some in a frying pan with a bit of butter or becel, and some garlic. Just be sure not to overcook it or it will get rubbery.

When you tried the tuna, did you add anything to it? Maybe some low fat mayo or ranch dressing so it's not just plain tuna, which I'd have a hard time with myself.

Flakey white fish is easy on my pouch and a great way to get in protein. I don't like it baked though; I just put it in the frying pan with a tsp of butter...tastes yummy. Pickerel is my favorite, but any white fish has been OK. It's so light and easy to tolerate, for me, anyway.

Salmon however, is a no go for me. I did baked salmon twice, and both times it made me really sick.

I hope there's not a problem, and that your surgeon can find out why things are so hard for you. For me, it was because I had a lot of inflammation in my pouch, but the extra month of full liquids and purees took care of that.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics