Candy Cane Roux Limb

BluIzGal
on 10/29/17 12:50 pm, edited 10/29/17 12:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Has anyone had a scope or scan reveal a candy cane roux limb? Was there any "fix" other than surgery offered? I've read posts on OH but not much on Canadian forums. I had my surgery at St Mikes over five years ago and still being seen by TWH. I have a CT scan at the end of November but anxious that they may suggest another surgery since my original surgery didn't go smoothly.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/17 4:55 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I had one and the only fix offered was surgery. I also had a Petersen's hernia at the same time so it was a 2 in 1 surgery then 3 months later, had to do it all over again but just for another Petersen's. Are you having symptoms that make you suspect it?

BluIzGal
on 10/29/17 5:58 pm, edited 10/29/17 10:59 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I have severe acid reflux. No medication works and a handful of tums buys me an hour or two of sleep. I also feel like I have little restriction. My last scope noted it. The CT scan will look for a fistula allowing acid from the remenant stomach into the pouch, the roux limb length and possible stoma dialation. My blood tests also showed a lot of severe deficiencies which had the surgeon asking if I wanted a reversal. I've never felt well since surgery. I also have a series of infusions and an appointment with an internist at the hospital to figure this all out.

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/1/17 2:03 am - Windsor, Canada

I know a person who had a candy cane. She had a revision done to a d s. It helped fix the candy cane.

Who was your surgeon.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

BluIzGal
on 11/1/17 8:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

My original surgeon was Dr Rotstein. I was hoping there was some sort of fix for all this that didn't require surgery. I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to any surgery. I was in so much pain from my last one (4 mths to heal) that the idea of anther scares the crap out of me.

Most Active
Recent Topics