Meet the Surgeon

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/17 8:02 am

Hello All,

I got my approval from the Dietician last night. She said I would be getting a call within the next two to three weeks to meet the Surgeon at the Civic in Ottawa.

How long after meeting with the surgeon do you get a call to start Opti? I had booked a mini trip the first week of December, and want to be prepared if I need to cancel that, or if the Surgeon is flexible on schedule? Am I able to ask for something mid-December and not sooner?

Kathy1212
on 10/5/17 8:56 am

Hi, congratulations; that's exciting news. I think the timeline is different for all of us, depending on the center we went through, and how busy the surgeons are.

I live in Northern Ontario and things were different for me, but here is my timeline: I met the surgeon for the first time via the the computer, in November, I believe, and I was told that I'd have to go meet the team and pick up my optifast in December, but thankfully they were super busy and changed it to January, as I didn't want to fly to Toronto or be on Opti over the holidays. I met the surgeon and his team in person on Jan. 18th of last year, and was on Opti for 3 weeks, then had to fly back to Toronto for surgery on Feb. 1st.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

jeanniechelsea
on 10/5/17 4:31 pm

Hi I just saw the surgeon in Ottawa. It took about 2-3 weeks to get an appointment and they are booking surgery 4-8 weeks after.

Hope that helps :)

Orientation: May 5. Consult with Dr: May 27. Dietician: June 2, 16, July 7. Physical: June 23. Meet with trainer: July 7. Sleep test: July 7. Nutrition class: July 26. Referral to surgeon: Sept 14. Meet the surgeon: Oct 3. Optifast: Oct 3 Surgery date: Oct 20 2017

HW:360 SW:350 CW:200 GW:180 (met original goal of 200!)

Most Active
Recent Topics