REMAINING OVERWEIGHT IS EASIER!?

oneatatime
on 10/4/17 7:01 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I agree with you... I didn't get fence sitting from the post... I got just the decision to stay overweight, or the hard work of going through wls and losing the weight.

I agree with the original poster: although it's a huge struggle to be overweight, the decision to go through wls and lose the weight and one day (every day) maintain the weight loss is a battle like one that is way harder and scarier in many ways than the decision to stay overweight.

There are without questions pros and cons to both scenarios. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. It's comfortable. It's known. Everyone knows me this way. I don't have to explain myself, or try, or fail, or anything else. It's the devil I know. And if I feel badly about it, I know exactly how to self soothe.

But now, post surgery, what have I got? Well, I've got a whole lot of questions... about the future, from people, about how to soothe myself, how to eventually make this work long term, and I'm sure a million more as I go along.

Do i regret it? No. And I'm sure that feeling will magnify as I lose more weight and feel my energy return and multiply and my life get better and better as I start checking things off my adventure list. But I know I have not chosen a path of least resistance. That would have been to "accept the hand I was dealt" or some other crap we believe. This... this takes guts. This takes fortitude. This takes strength. You are years out. You know just how much it takes.

So i say kudos to the original poster. She's right. It would have been easier to just live the hand we were dealt instead of forging new trails. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics