Exercising 7 months Post Op

skinny_gigi
on 10/1/17 7:24 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm starting to do some exercises now - 7 months post op. I'm 11 lbs to my goal (well my initial goal anyway, I'll see if I want to/can stand to lose more when I get there..) I originally wanted to wait till goal to start exercising because when I exercise, I tend to change shape (good) but the weight just does NOT come off...

But my body is feeling very mushy right now and I want to do SOMETHING so I'm starting with yoga and maybe the occasional spin class. No lifting..yet.

For others in the same boat, please let me know what kinds of exercises you're doing (other than walking...)...I don't want to do any muscle building till later.

THANKS GANG!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Kathy1212
on 10/2/17 8:30 am

I'm 8 months post op, and I walk, go for nature hikes, ride my bike, swim, and do arm exercises using 1-2 Lb weights.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Teena D.
on 10/4/17 6:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I do exercise videos. I love them, and when I first started doing them again, my weight jumped up by 5 lbs- it was very discouraging. However, I stuck with it, and now that's all come off, and the weight-loss has picked up again. Plus, I feel so much better when I exercise.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

skinny_gigi
on 10/4/17 9:06 pm

Hi Tina - are the exercise videos cardio type or weights? I'm interested!!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Most Active
Recent Topics