SHOCK AND AWE! Taking before pics.... and surviving it!

GUY57
on 9/26/17 1:18 pm

WOW Kathy S!!!

Inspirational story... and it feels sooooo honest and real. That HORROR was felt by me yesterday! I decided to take the 360 degree pics with nothing on by some briefs... so I couldn't hide from the reality of my illness.

Having your story in my pocket will keep my head on straight for the upcoming challenges, I will inevitably face. I will keep taking the pics and hope I don't permanently blind anyone... when they see my BEFORE pics! hahahahahhaa!!!

Thanks again my friend!

LeslieCL
on 9/26/17 1:10 pm

I have a blind spot about my size until I see a photo of me or catch my reflection in a window or mirror. Then I'm surprised for a few seconds. I'll probably document with photos but I might not share them right away.

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

GUY57
on 9/26/17 1:21 pm

Hel LeslieCL! ;-)

Nice to hear from you again!

The reason I asked the question in the first place is to see if EVERYONE suffered from this blind spot syndrome.... and was it purposeful... or unconscious. The result is still uncertain. One thing that IS certain is that everyone agrees that no matter how painful it is to take the "BEFORE" pics... they are worth taking for motivational support in the future.

Thanks again for sharing!

LeslieCL
on 9/26/17 2:35 pm

In an odd way, I think being surprised by our size is a sign of unconsciously having a positive body image. Which is confusing to me!

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

Patm
on 9/26/17 1:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Photos are good but take your measurements as well. There will be times (predictable 3 week stall) when the scale will not move but you will continue to lose inches.

It is a good motivator to keep going

GUY57
on 9/26/17 1:58 pm

Great call Patm!!! ;-)

I took my measurements yesterday.... and that also added to the HORROR! HAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!

Oooooh well.... with success stories like you and all the wonderful people on this forum.... how can I help but be motivated!!!!!

Thanks again my friend!

p.s. After yesterday's pics... I had to change my signature pic to add about a hundred pounds... even though it's a caricature!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics