If you could start over, would you do it again?

Dundreggen
on 9/30/17 8:18 am - Canada

Pre surgery I was prefectly healthy. Just fat. I never related to the people who talked about struggling to walk up flights of stairs. I was really active. I could happily hike 7 km. Bike 40+km etc. I had (and have) a loving bf and circle of friends (who are not larger people fwiw) I was 290ish and 5'5"

I did this as a preventative 10 months ago.

I had no complications, no real issues. I am down 100 pounds and am happy. If I don't lose any more I would still be happy. If I do great!

I do not feel much different than I did at 290. The only main difference is when I hike the next day my ankles don't complain. Guys flirt with me more (not a positive or a negative thing.. just a thing). Clothes that I want to wear are a bit easier to find.

I would do it again. Even with the extra skin ewww lol.

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

Lucile777
on 2/3/18 7:36 pm

I wouldn't do it again. I miss guzzling my water. I'm 3 months post op and I'm always tired. I'm terrified of the malabsorption too. Not a popular answer but I have to live with my choices. I started out at 285. 5'6". The weight loss has been great, but I feel like I paid a big price. You gotta do what's best for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics