VENTING : MEN, Can be such idiots, looking for emotional support here.

Simplyb
on 9/6/17 11:07 am
RNY on 04/12/17
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/17 11:32 am, edited 9/6/17 4:32 am
Ginnny
on 9/6/17 11:34 am, edited 9/6/17 4:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

YUP, men can be idiots. Ignore him (easier said than done). Don't forget all your NSVs, you earned them and should be proud of yourself. No amount of cookies is worth losing sight of all that you have accomplished.

What was your relationship like with your husband before WLS? Are you expecting him to change because you are and continue to do so? Because if that's the case, you're setting yourself up for more heartache.

Remember you are doing this for you and your health ultimately. Yes it would be nice if he reaps the benefits of it too but if he's too blind or insensitive that's his problem not yours.

Stay the course, you're doing awesome.

For the record, she could have had WLS. You never know how long ago she started the process if she did. Doesn't matter what she's doing or did, YOU are what matters and I suspect your hubby knows that, but the schmuck in him just doesn't know what to do with this new you.

My hubby isn't all that supportive or appreciative of my accomplishments, at least he doesn't voice that. I often have to prod him by flaunting some new clothes or coming right out and asking for the compliment. Men are dumb....

Please stop the tears. You got this!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

White Dove
on 9/7/17 6:25 am - Warren, OH

Men say stupid things. His remark was meant to be a compliment in his clumsy way. Don't waste space in your brain thinking about it.

If the ex did not have surgery she will gain it all back quickly. Good job with the pedicure and shawl.

Going to the gym is nice but not necessary for weight loss. A massage might be the best thing now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics