Pain management!

CocoH
on 9/2/17 9:43 pm

I am presurgery, I just finished all my preop appointments, except for the final follow up with the social worker before I meet with the surgeon.

I've been told that post surgery I can't take NSAIDS. I'm pretty much dependent on extra strength Ibuprofen for pain management due to consistent back pain, migraines and a prior neck injury. Acetaminophen doesn't have the same effect.

What can I take to help with pain that will give me relief? I'm scared to constantly be in pain post surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/17 9:50 pm

For me nothing!!!

I have tried every med natural and man made- creams, pills and even the heavy addictive ones did not help me just Naprosen prescription! Even accupuncture, massage or those wave things physio does- NADA.. but... others say these things work for them so give them a try.. I still have to see what I can do.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 3:09 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

There is nothing that works as well as Nsaids for pain for me either. I tried narcotics and tylenol products but they do nothing for the most part. I ended up getting a prescription for medical marijuana and it works pretty darn good once I found the best strain for me. Reduced swelling and took the pain away. Since you haven't seen the surgeon yet perhaps discuss with him/her. Some surgeons will do a sleeve instead of RNY for those that need Nsaids and other surgeons say no Nsaids even with a sleeve.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 9:00 am

Pot? Lmao- I have been told that ... flashback 20 years... lol

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 10:10 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I was never a recreational user so I definitely did my homework before even considering it. I started with just making tea with it as I don't want to smoke and I got my first pain free night's sleep in years from it but that became a pain to make every night so started vaping and making edibles and tinctures. I use strains for day so I don't get tired or stoned then use the heavy hitters for bed to knock my ass out.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 12:43 pm

Well I can't see me doing any of this now.. so I will have consult with surgeons and my Ortho. I am glad you are pain free. Don't you get the munchies?? Like real munchies?

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 12:48 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

No munchies for me at all. I think because I use CBD strains during the day and THC/CBN at night that I just don't get it. CBD is not known for giving munchies or making you high and the CBN knocks me out before THC likely kicks in so never get the munchies. I can actually vape THC strains during the day and not get high or get the munchies but apparently I'm odd as the strains I buy get everyone high. When I recently renewed my licence, the doctor said that very few people are not affected by THC but there are a few of us out there. Indica strains tend to give you the munchies more than Sativa ones too. I know people that say if they don't start eating then they don't get it but the minute they even take one bite of anything, they want to eat everything in sight.

Smoka
on 9/3/17 3:50 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

wow...weed has become so complicated these days! lol!!

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 3:54 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Recreational everyone just wants THC to get high but for medical, you want full spectrum. I researched it for months prior to even bothering to ask for medical cannabis.

Most Active
Recent Topics