What are you eating/doing Thursday?

Ginnny
on 8/24/17 4:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 16+ mos

Good morning menu peeps! As I went out the door yesterday with a big sigh my Trucker tells me to "take the day off tomorrow" so I'm taking orders and skipping the gym this morning, breakfast at home, YAY. If only he meant take the day off work!

Good BBQ last night, it was fun seeing everybody relax and chat and laugh. The scale responded favorably to the higher calories so that's good too.

Eats today:

B - 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of BBQ

S - deli chicken with slice of light marble

L - chicken Caesar salad (all ingredients weighed/measured), 2 oz blueberries w. 2 tbsp. light whipped topping (a little treat)

S - 2 HB eggs

D - hamburger patty with cheese and mustard

Total Cal 1176, Carbs 18, protein 105

Have a great Friday Eve!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Patm
on 8/24/17 5:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Busy day today. Not much food in the house so getting creative. I brought home some salad from a lunch held at work. I did not have the lunch but scored some leftovers for dinner tonight.

Home tonight for final packing.

b greek yogurt, blueberries, granola

l salad with leftover smoked pork, yogurt

s celery with cream cheese

d chicken, tromato and cucumber salad

s baby bel

Linda M.
on 8/24/17 5:51 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning,

B - protein shake and black decaf

L - 6 Mary's crackers with 1 oz. cheddar

S - 6 large shrimp

D - Small Wendy's Chili

S - 1/2 cup Skyr with 1/4 cup frozen berries

Calories: 680, Protein: 82, Carbs: 44. All water and vitamins.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/17 6:34 am - Brampton , Canada
RNY on 09/12/17

Morning everyone!

its day three on liquids, and I'm feeling pretty good, starting to notice a little tiredness, but it's tolerable. No headaches, and just a little tummy upset. I can honestly say I'm not hungry ****il it gets time for the next shake) but the head hunger is real!!! I keep walking to the fridge and opening it to look inside, not even really wanting food, just looking at it!

Today I'll be working out of the office until 3:30 and then a few hours of overtime at home later tonight.

breakfast - vanilla slimtime with coffee

early lunch - vanilla slimtime with pumpkin pie spice

late lunch - vanilla slimtime with pumpkin pie spice

supper - vanilla slimtime with Irish cream sugar free syrup

because I'm up so early I have two lunches, which in the past have been snack and then lunch...but I find that I need something around 10-11 in the morning, so I'm having my third shake at 3 before I leave work...and final one at 6:30-7:00 before bed

on 8/24/17 7:08 am
VSG on 09/19/16

Been having SUCH a hard time eating enough lately!! I'm almost a year out at this point and still averaging 700-950 cals a day. I feel awful almost every single day and I know my metabolism has slowed WAY down. My heart rate has been below 50 at times and my blood pressure is crazy low all the time, around the 80/50 range. Had my 1 year follow up recently and the nurse and NUT both agree I'm having classic symptoms of undereating. I can barely get out of bed sometimes and sleep for 12+ hours a day. I NEED to eat more, and maybe give myself a break from eating 'perfectly' all of the time. Trying to come to accept that food is not the enemy, and that some things are okay in moderation is hard for me to wrap my head around but I know it's important to do. Balance is key, and healthy carbs are not the enemy! For now, I really need to stick to the mean plans I create in advance because oftentimes I plan a full day of eating but just don't get around to finishing all the meals I plan for myself, so I end up eating way less than I intended. Only ended up eating 850 cals yesterday and I'm feeling pretty lousy this morning. Never thought I'd have a problem with not enough enough postop, I gotta say!

Your Food Diary For:

Thursday, August 24, 2017 ?
Breakfast Calories kcal Protein g Carbs g Fiber g Fat g Sugar g
Nescafe Rich - Instant Hazelnut Coffee, 1 tsp powder 10 0 2 1 0 0
Premier Protein - Chocolate, 325 ml 160 30 5 3 3 1
Add Food Quick Tools 170 30 7 4 3 1
Lunch
Babybel - Mozzarella, 1 Circle 50 6 0 0 4 0
Pillers - Smoked Chicken Nibblers, 1 sausage (28g) 50 7 1 0 3 0
Gray Ridge - Extra Large Egg, 1 egg 80 7 1 0 6 0
Winn Dixie - Mini Cucumbers, 60 grams 7 1 1 1 0 1
Wonderful Pistacios With Shells Salt & Pepper - Pistachios, 1/4 cup with shells 80 3 4 2 7 1
Add Food Quick Tools 267 24 7 3 20 2
Dinner
Unico - Solid Light Tuna (Canada) - 7oz (198g), 1 can drained (70g) 260 32 0 0 14 0
Dare - Craquelins De Grains Entiers, 3 craquelins 60 1 7 1 3 1
Add Food Quick Tools 320 33 7 1 17 1
Snack 1
Oh Yeah! One - Blueberry Cobbler (Sugar Alcohols Removed), 1 bar (60g) 220 20 14 10 8 1
Add Food Quick Tools 220 20 14 10 8 1
Snack 2
Summer Fresh - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (4pk), 57 g 110 3 8 2 5 0
Sugar Snap Peas - Fresh, Usda, 3 ounce 36 2 6 2 0 3
Add Food Quick Tools 146 5 14 4 5 3
Snack 3
Natrel - Creamer 18% - Canada, 1 container 15 0 0 0 2 0
Add Food Quick Tools 15 0 0 0 2 0
Totals 1,138 112 49 22 55 8

Ginnny
on 8/24/17 8:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

What were your labs like at 1 year follow up? And why aren't you eating all your food?

Your 3rd snack, you're just drinking a creamer? Your menus look great but if you're not eating the food then they don't really matter.

I must say, I never have a problem with eating what I planned, more like sticking to just what I planned. If you can't eat the food, throw another premier protein into the mix.

You didn't have surgery so you could feel awful, you need to take care of yourself. Do you go to the gym or do any type of exercise? That will get your metabolism moving again.

on 8/24/17 9:56 am
VSG on 09/19/16

My labs at my 1 year follow up were all good - I'm pretty diligent with taking all my vitamins and since I had the VSG instead of RNY I don't have to worry too much about any malabsorption, so I think it's just that I'm not eating enough calories. I've been having trouble eating every 3 hours because of long days at work or just feeling too exhausted to fix myself a meal, so a lot of the times I skip some of the meals that I have planned or just don't get to it by the end of the day. I'm not really trying to intentionally limit my meals but I just have a hard time eating enough times in the day, especially since I drink a lot of water in a day and water is heavy on my stomach and keeps me full for hours, so I have a hard time spacing out meals with the amount of water I'm drinking.

For my 3rd "snack" I was just planning to have a coffee from Tim Hortons, but since coffee doesn't really have any calories worth logging I just put the creamer, lol.

I think 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks may just not be working for me... I may need to try planning my days around 3 meals and only 1 snack, and try eating a bit more calorie dense food if needed.

I don't do any type of exercise at the moment because my body just can't handle it the way it is right now, unfortunately :( I get winded just from going up the stairs at home or walking around the grocery store for 30 minutes if you can believe it! I really want to be active though and I've been pretty upset about the fact that my mobility is so limited right now... Need to focus on getting my eating in check ASAP for sure.

Ginnny
on 8/24/17 11:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Well I hope you get your intake figured out. Like I said, no fun feeling awful all of the time.

sounds like you have some good ideas to try out hopefully you find one that works for you.

Good luck.

Jo0710
on 8/24/17 10:07 am

Working like normal, 1.5 more days of work and then I'm out of here for a week. I am off tomorrow because I work Saturday. Have an interview lined up for Friday morning then another one on the 5th. When I had my phone interview with the second she said not to worry about coming in next week because I'm on holidays. She said they value family time and wouldn't want to intrude on my holidays - I agreed and said the 6th because the first day of school is the 5th - should I be going next week to show I want the job or do you think it's no harm going the 6th? Thoughts appreciated :)

Had my eyelashes done this morning then have to take my son to ball practice from 6-8pm. I'm not enjoying how cold it's getting in the night so I'll have to wear a sweatshirt. Crazy how a year ago I'd be sweating like crazy and now I'm always FREEZING! It'll be an interesting year for hockey ;)

B: Premier protein & coffee

L: 1 egg and cheese (made 2 eggs but theres no way I could eat it so I only ate 1/2)

S: Premier Protein

D: Unsure right now - depends on what time hubby gets home as he's up in Tobermory today for work.

S: 1/2 protein cookie

Cals 552, protein 75, carbs 19 - totals obviously don't include dinner since I don't have that planned right now.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Ginnny
on 8/24/17 11:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Go on the 6th like you have planned. Companies are very aware that people take summer holidays.

Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics