TWH QUESTION RE FRUIT Q

eLoon77
on 8/23/17 4:14 pm, edited 8/23/17 9:14 am
RNY on 09/22/17

I lost 80lbs quite quickly on Dr. Bernstein (once upon a time) which was very low carb but I still ate one whole piece of fruit every day. Usually an Asian pear but also oranges, apples, or pears. So it is possible to eat low carb, be in ketosis (if that's a goal at all), eat a bit of fruit and still lose weight. Dumping is another story all together and you will be able to tolerate whatever your pouch decides you can tolerate. I'd suggest if you are going to have fruit (which I also hope to incorporate into my post op life) you make sure to have it along with a protein. Like a couple of pear slices with a baby bell or other cheese, or apple slices with 100% natural peanut butter, yogurt with berries, and so on. Likely won't be right away but I don't see why you can't include a small amount of fruit. If it creates stalls or impedes loss then cut back. There's fibre and nutrients in fruit too. Not just carbs. ;)

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/17 4:43 pm

Yeah I only eat it with Greek yogurt or Skyr or a protein shake. Truthfully before I began eating well I didn't eat fruit just juices... oh and about Bernstein I know exactly what you are talking about- arghhhh I got really sick.. thin.. but sick! Cheese and fruit - never tried it.. but I will .. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics