Your first "Soft Food" ?

Synclair
on 8/15/17 1:23 pm
RNY on 07/21/17

Hey Guys and Gals!

Question is pretty straight forward. On Friday, I finally get to start in on my "Soft Foods" stage, no more Full Fluids (knock on wood) for me! I'm curious what all you decided to go with on your first attempts at trying to stomach something other than pureed soups and puddings. I'm planning on doing a mini shopping stock up this week.

I've been craving eggs like no ones business, but I know that bread, even toast normally isn't tolerated quite so soon, but that was my go to breakfast before I went onto Optifast per-surgery.

Look forward to hearing from y'all!

Surgery: July 21st 2017 with Dr. Jules @ Guelph

Lina_Ann
on 8/15/17 5:05 pm

I haven't had surgery yet, but I feel like my first try would be scrambled eggs, chicken & rice soup, or maybe some baby crackers. They have a lot of yummy snacks in the baby food section, actually!

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

TheRealMeWithin
on 8/15/17 6:03 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

my centre didn't allow for scrambled eggs so soon. The only way we were allowed was soft poached. I loved them that way and often had it with a piece of melba toast with cream cheese on it. (my centre allowed for some melba toast in the soft stage).

I also ate a lot of chicken, and I was really craving pot roast, so i think that was my first 'soft' meal.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

leeann73
on 8/15/17 6:25 pm

I made a "ricotta bake". It was delish. There are a ton of recipes on line. Search "egg face". Good luck

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/17 7:27 pm

Oooh sounds great! Thanks!

missmac67
on 8/16/17 3:10 am
RNY on 08/01/17

Hi Synclair

Is pureed and soft foods the same? If so I start on Friday too! I heard from others that a soft poached egg and melba toast is a great go to - I like the ricotta option too! I am SO excited for pureed foods (who thought I would say that). Please keep me posted on food choices. My friend who had her surgery on June 27 said that she just stock piled what ever she was making for her family she portioned out for herself and then pureed it and froze it. Good luck with the change and enjoy!

TOGETHER we can be BETTER

Best, MJ

Meggles07
on 8/16/17 3:55 am - Canada

My first soft food was a light cheese stick and it was the most amazing cheese stick ever ;) lol.

Be careful with eggs... My pouch was super temperamental about eggs. I'm usually fine now (2.5 years out), but back then they were too sticky.

Kathy1212
on 8/16/17 6:52 am

I had to go to purees from full liquids, and then after 2 weeks of purees was allowed soft solids, so not sure if our stages were the same.

For purees, the first thing I tried were some refried beans; absolutely yummy after all of the sweet stuff on full liquids.

I also pureed all of the regular meals our family had, so pureed beef chunks from home made stew, pureed chicken mixed with some plain Greek Yogurt and hot sauce (yum); I even tried pureed ribs with sugar free BBQ sauce (also yum). I made some egg salad and tuna salad, pureed it, and enjoyed that too.

I bought a super cheap mini chopper from Walmart and it did a much better job at pureeing things than my blender did, plus it was easier to clean.

I couldn't do scrambled eggs; I tried, but they really hurt. I was OK with a 1 egg omelette with melted cheese and salsa though.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics