14 days Post Op and struggling with Protein

oneatatime
on 8/5/17 9:42 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Synclair,

I think the first few weeks must be the hardest... learning how to navigate the new way of eating, and remembering all the "rules". I think it's all so hard and counterintuitive. Thank goodness for the amazing people on this board who have gone before us who can help us through.

You're doing great, you're a success already and going to continue to be. Post often! We're all in this together. :)

To your success!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Mahalo F.
on 8/6/17 3:19 pm

Hello

I am (7) months out and I am trying to think back and remember my journey.

Kathy1212 is right. In the beginning it felt like a whole lot of work. Well.... It still is a whole lot of work but very different.

I too remember the SIP ? WALK ? REST? REPEAT

Getting all the water, liquid protein & vitamins in.

A FULL TIME JOB!!!! Where every second of the day is about sipping and as you progress through your journey the job continues.

The counting and measurement. Reading of labels and literally keep track of everything.

I never thought that I could navigate through this. Not eating and drinking at the same time but you do. It then becomes second nature.

The Costco Premiere Protein was the easiest part.

Mich cheaper in USA. 160 cal, 30 grams protein, available in a lot of flavours. Chocolate was and still is my favourite. Most importantly ready to go and take every where with you!

If you are lucky they go on coupon at Costco.

I remembering buying 10 cases preop and saving a ton of money.

I still begin my day with one and shuck back my vitamins with it. It is a great start to my day and gives me the energy to get my gang going. I then have breakfast around 9 am.

I take it along on my football road trips on the bus.

Very hard to make good choices on a bus full of teenage boys. The starches and junk food are every where. The concession stand food is usually hamburgers, hotdogs, French fries and chocolate bars.

It has also given me an opportunity to go back to basics if I am sick or having a bad pouch day!

I drink them to ensure that my protein gets in and I drink lots of water.

I am still in awe of my journey. I wish I had jumped in with both feet years ago.

My only regret???? Not having done this years ago.

Take care

Sandrs

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics