TWH Surgeries -so many

rce884
on 8/4/17 10:45 am
RNY on 09/05/17

eLoon77, i totally get it. i had my surgery all set to go. everything but vitamins bought, opti done, then my dad died two days before my scheduled surgery.

i had to be rebooked for 7 months later. and now i couldn't feel less prepared and more nervous. i wish i was where i was in march but now i have to wait for the 5th of September. it is a month tomorrow but it feels simultaneously miles away and too close. i had all my paperwork organized food for the first two weeks bought and since then it has all gone bad and i have lost most of my paperwork (not due to entirely my own stupidity, there were some house moves and traveling that had to happen)

i dont know what i would do without this site. i am sure it has been as helpful for you as it has for me

if you ever want to just vent about the stress feel free to friend me.

Cheers

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

eLoon77
on 8/4/17 6:04 pm
RNY on 09/22/17

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear about your dads passing. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you to have the added disappointment of missing your surgery on top of such a huge loss. And since so much of our weight issues (in a lot of cases) are tied to emotional eating and stress I'm sure that tragedy wasn't helpful in getting you back to where you were afterwards. 7 months is also a long time to wait from your expectation of surgery. To be still waiting must be so frustrating.

I've adjusted to the fall as my date. Has that back to school vibe to it which I like but the long months to get there are kind of killing me too. I get feeling focused and ready then weeks go by, life stress stirs, and then I feel off track again and feeling like it's forever. It's not easy.

I'm also going to be PMS'ing right before my surgery and that's freaking me out. Since my son my PMS has been wicked. Viscous mood swings, anxiety and difficulty sleeping. I'm really worried that I will be in a bad place that week leading up to it and I'm not too sure how to prepare for that. Also my last surgery was a c-section and my son ended up in the NICU so that was very emotional and upsetting and I'm a bit scared of how I might feel I the hospital. I'm sure your dads passing right at surgery time could bring back bad feelings for you getting ready for surgery this time. I'm sorry you're struggling. It will work out, and we are doing the best thing we can! Positive vibes and big pre-surgery hugs to you!! Will definitely add you.

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

rce884
on 8/8/17 5:46 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks.

My dad and I were very close and his passing was a very big surprise for everyone. we were surprised with him having a heart attack Christmas day then a quadruple bypass three days later then he had a stroke that lasted 2 weeks. we first thought it was two strokes then they said no it was one long continuous stroke. then he flat lined then he was revived finally three months to the day after being admitted he passed away this time no revival was possible. we the whole time were convinced he was coming home. it was just a matter of time. but no, he was gone. it was a huge shock. i miss him terribly.

thank you for your kind words.

i understand your worry my partner has terrible PMS so bad she can barely go to work i know she would be stressed to have surgery during that time.

GOOD LUCK!!!

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/17 10:46 am

So sorry.... take care .... :(

eLoon77
on 8/9/17 12:09 pm
RNY on 09/22/17

I feel for you if you have to handle that PMS! Haha. I'm too much for my partner to handle some months and he knows when it's coming to lay low! Hopefully I can somehow tame it and not stress myself too much. Maybe the Opti diet will help.

I'm sure your dad would be very proud of you taking your health to heart and taking care of yourself. Maybe use that as motivation to get back on tract this time even though I'm sure it's a lot harder with all you've had to deal with. We are so close now, so do the best you can and you'll be on the other side of this all before you know it!

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

Sheacat
on 8/4/17 7:41 am - Belleville, ON
RNY on 07/11/17

I had some of the same fears, but what got me through was remembering that I have a family history of things like diabetes and hypertension, I also have severe sleep apnea.... if I didn't do this surgery, I would at some point end up with, or end up with complications from, one of those things. It wouldn't be a "what if", but a when. The surgery is scary. It really is. But, the odds are very very good that you will be ok, and in fact, better than ever for doing this. Plus I wanted my kids to see that their mom was willing to fight for herself and for a better future. As a fellow anxiety sufferer, all I can say is breath deep. Look at the whys, not the what ifs and remember that we are all here for you!

eLoon77
on 8/4/17 6:14 pm
RNY on 09/22/17

Thanks Sheacat! You are absolutely right. Logically it all makes sense to me and I know this is the better route for my health and at this point the best option for me for long term weight management. It's just the beast of anxiety that bubbles up and makes these weeks leading up hard. Like pulling off the slowest bandaid ever!!! It doesn't help that it's been a really hard year for us. My partner out of work. His dad (who's been helping us out in these lean months) got cancer. Just a lot of added what ifs beyond surgery to add to the challenge. As a mum I want to be the person I know I am and a good role model for my boy. Being 80lbs over when I conceived him for the past 3 years makes me feel like he doesn't even know the real me. I honestly can't wait for this change. Just have to get over stressing and being impatient. Soon enough, right? Thanks for your support. It definitely helps knowing we aren't in this alone.

ParkDust1601
on 8/3/17 11:22 am

Hi There

I am getting VSG OCT 31 Dr Penner (may end up being someone else) :-) Long journey but happy its finally getting close!

Cheers

C

Referral Date:June 30 2016 TWH assigned Orientation Date: September 26, 2016;psych : Dec07, 2016;Nutrition Class Dec 07, 2016; SW January 2017;NP February 2017;surgeon May02 2017;surgery OCT2017

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 1:38 pm

COOL another VSGer ... was it difficult to get it approved.

Congrats!

ParkDust1601
on 8/4/17 8:19 am

I have medical reason which allowed for approval

Referral Date:June 30 2016 TWH assigned Orientation Date: September 26, 2016;psych : Dec07, 2016;Nutrition Class Dec 07, 2016; SW January 2017;NP February 2017;surgeon May02 2017;surgery OCT2017

Most Active
Recent Topics