5 months post op

skinny_gigi
on 8/2/17 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I did any updates here. As of Aug 1, i was officially 5 months! and I feel amazing like most everyone else who has had surgery. Here are some of the goings on with me:

1. I almost never feel hungry. I eat by the clock and forget sometimes...the only reason i know is because I will start getting light headed. I don't struggle too hard from refraining from bad food because I almost never feel like eating. (unless i'm on my period...)
  2. My periods..were CRAZY. They have finally settled down to be at a normal flow. I don't think I was ovulating when I was obese...so the first few month were horrific. I seriously thought I was going to bleed to death.
  3. I'm down officially 80lbs...and i'm 22lbs from goal. I'll assess when I get there if I want to go further, but strangely enough i don't think I will. I wear a size 6 on the top and size 10 on the bottom. I'd like to be a size 8 on the bottom...
  4. with that said...my weight loss has slowed SIGNIFICANTLY. I'm only 5 month PO so I wished it would keep going fast, but I think because i'm close to goal...that that might have something to do with it. If i lose 20 in the next 3 months I'll be happy.
  5. I can walk forever. I don't and I won't but I feel like I could...and that is AMAZING. I had really bad plantar faciitis and now I don't.
  6. I do everything now. Swim, walk, go any where, wear anything. I do it and my family has really benefited. I think i held my daughter back in the past because I never felt like going anywhere/doing anything.
  7. The haters are real. through this weight loss journey a lot of my overweight friends have stopped being my friend. It does hurt because I've come to realize that our friendship was based on insecurities and not on helping each other. I think some of them felt better about themselves because I was so fat. Now that i'm slimmer, they don't seem to like me as much. This is a hard adjustment.
  8. The opposite haters are also real. A lot of people like me more. People who looked down on me before all of a sudden have more to say to me at the elevator. Lots of compliments, lots of attention. People seem to have a lot of time of day for me now. Store clerks LOVE me. Often times 2 or 3 of them cater to me. One of the shops I go up to size 10. (I actually didn't know that till I started buying things there...) but when I went there is the past I was invisible. Now I go and they remember me...it's not a great feeling either. But i'm trying not to hold a grudge either way. The ones who hate me now and the ones who like me now...it's all superficial anyway.
  9. My hair is falling out like crazy. I've cropped my hair very short.
  10. I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks to the caribbean...and I have some bikini's lined up. Mostly I want to get some sun on my scars...but also because this year I can. I'm not perfect. I have some saggy skin in the arms and thighs...but then again, perfection was never the goal.

Enjoy the rest of your summer WLS family! If you want to see pics etc. follow me on my instagram: rny_gem

it's a private account, but i accept all WLS supporters and of course I try to do the same!!

HUGS!!!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/17 4:44 pm, edited 8/3/17 6:43 am

OMG..congrats... I am going to chop my hair just in case too... are you eating a great deal of protein?

About your friends...sorry... they obviously were not your true friends... Life has changed for you in many good ways.. concentrate on those.

Have fun on your vacation.

skinny_gigi
on 8/2/17 6:42 pm

I am trying my best to get all my protein in...60-80 on the regular but most days i am in the 60s...i still drink one shake a day...i feel a lot of restriction so drinks work well for me...but to be honest i used to drink shakes preop as well...so it may also be a lifestyle thing...as in...lazy! hahah

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 1:46 pm

I drink them now too. I use whey for everything. Not lazy --- healthy!

You have achieved so much.. again congrats!

TheRealMeWithin
on 8/2/17 5:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

Fantastic!!! You are doing so well - 80 lbs in 5 months

and Bikini!!! you go girl

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

skinny_gigi
on 8/2/17 6:43 pm

Thank you!! Got to work what we got!!

oneatatime
on 8/2/17 5:49 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Congratulations Gigi!!! On all your successes... with weight loss, and overcoming adversity with friendships (or at least recognizing them for what they are and choosing who you want to be in those relationships), and for celebrating your body (yay bikini and short hair, and for taking accountability for no longer holding your family back.

Teuly inspiring from ALL angles!!!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

skinny_gigi
on 8/2/17 6:49 pm

Thanks! I struggle with the friendships sometimes but i'm getting over it...it's more common than i thought! Thanks for all the encouragement!

oneatatime
on 8/2/17 7:11 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I imagine the changes in friendships would be a struggle. When I read posts like that (and there are many), I wonder what will happen in my life. I hope nothing... but you really never know.

Leep on being yourself!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Jo0710
on 8/2/17 6:07 pm

Congrats! I requested on insta!

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Most Active
Recent Topics