Nurse Appt in Aug at TOH WMC...what happens at appt??

LukeB Girl17
on 7/15/17 11:59 am

Nurse Appt on August 24, 2017 at TOH WMC...what happens at that appointment? When they called me they mentioned it would be a 45 minute appointment approximately. ? Do they go over the questionnaire that we filled out? Will they have the appointments already booked if we need more tests or labs and let us know then? Will they need to book them at that time? What can I expect from this appointment? Thanks if you can input or share your experience. Have a great weekend everyone! ??

Referral by my MD Feb 28/17 * Labs done March 17/17 * Meet with Nurse Aug 24/17 * TOH PreOp Class 1 Sept 12 /17 * Oct 17 Behaviorist and Nutritionist * Breath Test Nov 10/17 * Nutritionist Nov 21/17 * PreSurgery Class 2 Dec 12/17 ~ Bloodwork * Meet the Surgeon Dec 18/17 * PreOp Jan 5 TOH * Surgery Date January 10, 2017

Boonyeah
on 7/16/17 6:01 am

I had my nurse appointment on May 3rd, 2017 at Humber River Hospital and she went through the following;

-Took blood pressure
-Reviewed my bloodwork and explained which vitamins I am low on.
-Provided me a list of vitamins to start taking as per my bloodwork. I ended up having to take Iron, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12 and vitamin C.
-Provided information about after surgery and the medications I will need to take including tinzaparin and provided me with a bag that has a video and information on the medication.
-Asked about current medications that I am taking and why.
-Provided information about what I would be taking after the surgery for pain, constipation, and stomach.
-General discussion of how to prep for surgery.
-Reminder how important it is to take my vitamins after surgery.

LukeB Girl17
on 7/16/17 6:24 am

Wow, that's a lot to take in with the medications and vitamins and guess it's better to learn now and get to know how to prep before and after surgery. This is great info and thank you so much. :) best of luck in your journey as well!

Referral by my MD Feb 28/17 * Labs done March 17/17 * Meet with Nurse Aug 24/17 * TOH PreOp Class 1 Sept 12 /17 * Oct 17 Behaviorist and Nutritionist * Breath Test Nov 10/17 * Nutritionist Nov 21/17 * PreSurgery Class 2 Dec 12/17 ~ Bloodwork * Meet the Surgeon Dec 18/17 * PreOp Jan 5 TOH * Surgery Date January 10, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics