Calling for cancellations

anncha
on 7/19/17 2:06 pm

So I had my orientation today and asked about their cancellation list. The nurse said they have one and would put me on it and I should talk to registration after we were through. I went to the registration department and asked about it and the woman was pretty rude. I said I lived around 5-6mins away from the centre and I could drop everything and go for a last minute cancellation. She said "We do not have a cancellation list. It goes on when you were referred and your orientation date. It's a first come first served basis". I said "that might mean an appointment goes unattended then if someone cancels and you don't have anyone to fill it" her response was "well that's just how it is, it'd hardly be fair for you to jump ahead of people who've been waiting longer than you now would it? and you can't get preference because you live closer".

It seemed like she couldn't understand the logic that it's exceptionally wasteful for everyone involved if they just leave appointments unattended when people could fill them and therefore save them time; and more importantly, money. I think I will call next week to see if I can talk to them about cancellations. Fingers crossed she was just an illogical half wit having a bad day!

Referral to Sudbury: April 28th 2017, Orientation: July 19th 2017, 1:1's: Dec 14th 2017, Follow up with NP: Jan 9th OTN: Jan 18th, Pre-Op: Feb 12th, Surgery: Feb 27th - 2 weeks of Opti. Hospital: St. Joseph's TO with Dr Sullivan.

Height: 5'11, age 38. SW: 323lb CW:196lb

Most Active
Recent Topics