NSV - Shopping

LauraLeafFan
on 6/27/17 9:22 am

Thanks Linda.... yes there will be pictures later!! Lol

leeann73
on 6/29/17 3:21 am

Linda - I agree with you that this is totally not easy. I have had more mental struggles than I was prepared for. Every day I have to "decide" to use my tool and choose healthy. I thought a switch would flip for me in my head after surgery but it did not. I still can want the bad foods in times of stress.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Beachgirl77
on 6/27/17 9:21 am

Congratulations ! I can just imagine what that felt like !! Can't wait to experience that myself

LauraLeafFan
on 6/27/17 9:24 am

It will happen sooner then you think... enjoy the journey!!

Manda32
on 6/28/17 12:37 pm

I'm glad you had a great experience with shopping, and what a great NSV!

I'm still a ways off from getting into regular size clothing, which in some ways, I dread, as I don't even know where to go to shop when I get there lol I haven't shopped in the 'regular' clothes section since forever. I'm so use to my plus stores, and I too didn't look forward to clothes shopping either. I'm sure that will change when I have way more choices.

Isn't it nice to have so many choices....trying on over 20 dresses, I don't think if I was looking at a dress I'd have so many options, or enjoy the process. However I know down the line, I will enjoy NSVs in the shoppine department, and maybe I'll remember a time when I use to love clothes shopping lol

Have fun at all the graduations! Keep up the great work Laura.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

LauraLeafFan
on 6/28/17 1:19 pm

Thanks Manda,

One graduation down and two more to go.

I still gravitate to the larger sizes out of habit. I am short and need petite sizing so I actually had fun in the Laura store. I have another 50 -55lbs to go so I am really not doing tons of shopping until I come closer to my goal weight. I see lots of nice things in many stores but too hard to say what will look good in a few months.

Keep up the great work....trust me these sizes melt away faster then you think.

Have a great weekend.

Laura

leeann73
on 6/29/17 3:19 am

Laura you are doing so great! Size 12. Woo hoo. Way to go!!!

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

LauraLeafFan
on 6/29/17 4:10 am

Thanks Leeann!!

Sure not a 12 in everything....but I have felt great each night so far getting dressed up.

Chat soon,

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics