Liquid every 15 min?

Loveitall
on 6/24/17 6:00 am
RNY on 06/14/17

This is my first post. I am 10 days out and feeling great. Getting out walking lots, which feels awesome. I have a question about food intake. I am not getting much food in. Maybe a 1/2 a cup 4 times a day. Mainly because i lose interest in going back for another 30ml every 15 min. I feel like my pouch can handle more than that now 10 days out. Is it ok to have more than 30ml now. At this rate it is difficult to get enough water and protein in without staying home and eating all day. At the same time i dont want to stretch my pouch and have the surgery fail. At first i had no appetite but now i am worried that i wont feel full as i have been more hungry lately. I have also platued the last 4 days. I have lost 25 pounds in 3 weeks though so i figure my body is just catching up?? Sorry for so many questions. I am thankful for any feedback!

oneatatime
on 6/24/17 7:13 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Loveitall!

I am pre-op so can't answer your food questions- hang in there, lots of people will be around shortly I suspect; the support here is amazing!

I just wanted to say welcome and congratulations on your surgery and loss so far!! :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Loveitall
on 6/24/17 7:48 am
RNY on 06/14/17

Thanks so much. Only 10 days out but so far i can tell u you are going to love it!

LauraLeafFan
on 6/24/17 8:01 am

Hello,

I was eating more that far out. I would say yes...trust me if it's too much your new tool will tell you so. I was able to eat a half a cup of soup and then a quarter to half a cup of yogurt same meal. Today 4 months out i still cant eat a cup at a meal but more like 3/4 with no issues. You just need to learn more about your new tool and over time it will become second nature. As for your water in take I found warmer stuff went down easier.

Good luck and we are always here for you.

Loveitall
on 6/24/17 11:45 am
RNY on 06/14/17

Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/17 2:47 pm

What tool...did I miss something...

LauraLeafFan
on 6/24/17 5:12 pm

Our new pouch or stomach that the surgeon gives or makes us is often referred to as our tool. When we use it properly we get results.

Kathy1212
on 6/24/17 9:34 am

Hi, welcome and congratulations on a successful surgery!

10 days out and walking every day; wow; that's great. I was in so much pain my early walks were basically just to the washroom and back, lol.

I just kept a protein shake and a bottle of water beside me at all times, poured them into those little medicine cups, and sipped away at them, all day, all night. I didn't time myself between sips but was only able to take very small sips, wait a bit, then another sip. I used to have to stay up late to get my water in.

Everyone is different and I had a lot of inflammation so it was very slow going for me at first.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Loveitall
on 6/24/17 11:47 am
RNY on 06/14/17

Thanks so much!

Jackie S.
on 6/24/17 1:01 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/07/17

Hey Loveitall;

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on a successful surgery.

It sounds like you are healing very well. I am 17 days post-op and am on the soft food stage (stage 4). I can eat no more than 1 cup but most often 3/4c per meal. I always have ice water with me and have decaf tea etc to ensure liquid intake.

I have only lost approx 10lbs in the 2 weeks BUT I see the results in my clothing. I could not get a 24 jean even on pre-surg and can now easily pull on my 22 jean capris without undoing the button and zipper.

I will do you good to get out of the house... just always make sure you have a high protein snack on hand as well as your water bottle.

BTW you will no when you cannot eat anymore.... it feels as if an ice cube has lodged itself in you chest.

I have plateaued for two or three days now... It will start again.

25lbs in 3 weeks is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work.

Referral: NOV/16 Info Sess: DEC/16 OptiFAST: 3wks started May 17/17 OR: RNY June 7/17

HW:278 SW:252 1stGW:220 2ndGW:200 3rdGW:170 GW:150

Weight Management Clinic - Ottawa

Most Active
Recent Topics