What are you eating/doing Thursday?

Ginnny
on 6/1/17 5:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 13-1/2 mos

Good morning Pouch Pals. Another beauty looking day out there. I've already been to the gym, and will get out at lunch for a 5km walk/run. They are starting a wellness challenge here at work for June. Pick a teammate and the team with the most steps at the end of the month wins 2 fitbits! Not that I need one but I'm pretty competitive. Got my partner lined up. I have a site visit this morning at our new Police Headquarters that is just about done being built. We are hiring the cleaning contractor so have to give them the opportunity to see the building. Which is good for me to get in and nose around too!

B - premier protein shake

S - leftover chili

L - tuna salad with cucumbers

S - 2 boiled eggs

D - TBD

Totals without dinner - Cal 622, Protein 74, Carbs 27

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 6/1/17 7:01 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Just dropped puppy 2 off at the vet hospital for his surgery. I didn't sleep a wink last night and the whole drive home all I kept thinking about was eating a protein bar or some Timbits. Ahem. They do surgery on our stomachs but not our brains. Must resist. I know the protein bar isn't that bad, but its the need to eat it that is my problem.

I posted his photo on the RNY menu thread, but I thought I would post it here as well. This is my poor little guy (9 months old) who is going for surgery today on his little knee. The vet tech came to get him from the waiting room and he just laid down, flipped over, and waited for belly rubs. She said he will be spoiled there because he is so sweet.

Breakfast - protein fudge pops (I was in a hurry)

Snack - egg, greek yogurt

Lunch - burger

Snack - carrots and pb

Dinner - burger

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Kathy1212
on 6/1/17 9:23 am

Your pup is adorable; sending prayers for quick and complete healing.

Do you make the protein fudge pops yourself? Sounds yummy!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Meggles07
on 6/1/17 10:19 am - Canada

Thanks Kathy :)

Protein fudge pops recipe:

I use a six-popsicle mould that my brother got from the dollar store. I find this recipe makes a perfect six in that mould.

I use my protein shaker cup with the metal ball thing to get it well mixed. I found out the hard way not to leave the mix sitting in the shaker cup for too long or you will end up with pudding.

1) 1.5 cups of milk added to cup

2) .5 cup of water (if you have a smaller mould you may need to adjust this amount)

3) A splash of SF Torani (I like chocolate)

4) 1 scoop of protein powder (I like chocolate)

5) 1 package of SF/FF instant pudding mix (I like chocolate -- noticing a theme?? Lol)

Shake well until there are no clumps. Pour mixture into the popsicle mould right away. I like to add a bit more water to my shaker cup and mix it around to get the dregs out of the bottom, but that's optional :)

Freeze for several hours. I think this recipe is about 70-80 calories per popsicle using the protein powder I have and 1% milk.

Kathy1212
on 6/1/17 11:33 am

Thank you so much; I'll have to try this!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

birdiegirl
on 6/1/17 5:44 pm

Adorable puppy

Kathy1212
on 6/1/17 9:29 am

Hi all,

Ginny, you're so good at getting that exercise in. Good luck with the challenge; I bet you'll win! I wish I could find a challenge that let me win a fitbit. I want to buy the one that tracks swimming and bike riding as well as walking.

I'm feeling lazy today. I swam laps for an hour last night and would like to go for a bike ride today but it's super windy. I'll wait a bit to see if the wind will die down; if it doesn't, I'll either go for a walk or do more laps.

Breakfast: Decaff with premier protein as whitener, WW whole grain bread slice with 1 tbsp organic peanut butter.

Lunch: BBQ Chicken

Supper: Garlic Shrimp

Snack: Pepperette and cheese string, pickle, cherry tomatoes

Plus herbal tea and decaff coffee with premier protein as whitener, water.

Kathy  

Smoka
on 6/1/17 9:55 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi,

I spent the morning making pots. This afternoon I am going to putter around my office. Hope everyone's day is going well!

Here is what I am eating today - pre-op

Breakfast - hard boiled egg, â...? tsp of butter, avocado, tomato, berries, melon

Snack - mango/pineapple protein smoothie,pistachios

Lunch - arugula salad, mushroom, zucchini, tomatoes, stilton cheese

Snack - apple, peanut butter

Dinner - Hamburger (no bun) with veggies, salad

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics