Plastic Surgery Procedure

Gingermags
on 5/25/17 11:58 am

Hello Everyone!

I received my Roux-en-y surgery in 2008. I haven't had any issues at all with regards to my surgery and things have been perfectly fine ever since.

Unfortunately, I had absolutely no idea that a panniculectomy would be covered by OHIP. I'm sure many of you can relate to the fact that you just don't feel quite "right" with that giant apron of skin. I've been carrying it with me all this time, and I have to admit it makes me feel like I'm still "fat".

I do have almost constant yeast infection underneath, which is documented by my family doc and for which I have prescription cream. I also have constant lower back pain.

What I'd like to know, is the procedure I need to initiate in order to have the surgery. I understand the basic premise, which is to ask my family doctor for a referral to a plastic surgeon. Would someone tell me more about what I have to ask for? Is there a plastic surgeon someone could recommend for me? I live in Ottawa.

I would appreciate any advice or direction. Thanks!

3yearsskinny
on 5/25/17 3:36 pm

I sent you a message :-)

Delicious_Delilah
on 5/26/17 9:45 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had Dr. Borsuk here in Ottawa perform the panni and upgraded to a tummy tuck. The panni portion was covered by OHIP. The Ottawa Weight Management Clinic referred me to him, but your family doctor can make the referral. I liked him. He did a good job.

DD

Gingermags
on 5/26/17 9:51 am

Hi DD

Thank you for the name. That's pretty much what I was looking for. I wanted to go into my doctor and tell her, this is the plastic surgeon to refer me to. Did you find it to be a difficult process? It's been 8 years since my surgery, and I have to say I've regained some weight, but still suffer the effects of hanging skin. I'm hoping the combination of yeast infections and lower back pain will be enough to be approved.

Gingermags

Most Active
Recent Topics