What are you eating/doing Thursday?

birdiegirl
on 5/25/17 8:17 pm

For me, not enough bang for my caloric buck.

They are also a slider food which means they won't keep you full for long. I would also suspect it's easy to eat too many.

I would save choices like this for when you have hit goal. Then, I would only use them as an occasional treat.

Truly, I only want you to be a great success and maximize your weight loss.

Just think. If you stay on the straight and narrow for the first 8 Months you could lose 2-4 pounds MORE per month then someone who eats poorly. They will still lose but you will lose more. In 8 Months that's 16 to 32 more pounds and can be the difference between hitting goal or struggling.

Trust me. It gets so much more difficult each month post surgery. Don't screw up your big chance for big losses. ( not saying you will, just for general information )

Jo0710
on 5/25/17 11:14 am

I just put a bit of vanilla protein powder, oats and pb together. They are really small.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Patm
on 5/25/17 7:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What a grey miserable day. Arrived at work to an e-mail from my director with an impossible task. I do so love having crap like this dumped on me because the people who actually know the answers are on vacation.

Our church is part of Doors Open this weekend. We were going to plant flowers around the entrance to spruce it up. Doesn't look like that will be happening. Our church is 125 years old this year. It is the oldest church east of the Don River. Has a working bell tower. Sunday afternoon my daughter is going to play the bells. My son will be there over the weekend because he is a leader for the scouts. They have been part of the church continuously for over a hundred years.

b greek yogurt, granola

l salad with souvlaki, cabbage salad

s baby bel

d stir fry chicken

s tea

Jackie S.
on 5/25/17 7:29 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/07/17

I was up and out of the house at 7:15 for my pre-op appointment. Just got home, approx 3 hours later. Going back to bed slept a whole 1.5 hours last night. Groceries tonight, which sucks 'cause I am not eating any of it. LOL

Opti all day

Referral: NOV/16 Info Sess: DEC/16 OptiFAST: 3wks started May 17/17 OR: RNY June 7/17

HW:278 SW:252 1stGW:220 2ndGW:200 3rdGW:170 GW:150

Weight Management Clinic - Ottawa

Smoka
on 5/25/17 9:48 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from a school in Brampton (where I did a concert for kids). The roads are unbelievably messy! (and slow!) ...so hard to see. Anyway, I am still sick and now I have a headache. Cancelled my daughter's dental appointment this afternoon. I'm going to get back into my pj's and go to sleep!!

Here is what I am eating today pre-op

Breakfast - green smoothie, raspberries and blackberries, pumpkin seed and almonds

Snack - cherries, pecans

Lunch - bean salad, roasted eggplant, cucumbers and guacamole

Snack - apple with almond butter

Dinner - cauliflower crust pizza with olives, onions gr. Peppers mushrooms (no cheese), minestrone soup, salad

BTW, all of this food is made from scratch, so I need to rest now just to get the energy to make dinner!!

birdiegirl
on 5/25/17 9:53 am

Barb are you vegetarian?

Its tough post surgery to keep your protein numbers up and hunger at bay omitting lean proteins, but do-able if you really figure things out.

I believe you are pre-op now so I'm just wondering when reading todays menu. It sounds delicious by the way.

Smoka
on 5/25/17 11:51 am
RNY on 09/12/17

No, I am not (but I use to be), but my husband is. Hence, lots of vegetarian stuff. You will notice thought that I have had eggs, chicken, pork and beef over the last week and a half. My kids and I eat meat. I know my protein numbers will have to go up post op., but for now, we as a family have decided to do the Metabolic Reset as outlined in Dr. Weiner's book, "A Pound of Cure". He's a Bariatric surgeon. There are lots of vegetables involved, protein(except cheese) and fruit....nothing processed at all. We've been doing really well. We will slowly add a little bit of grains and dairy over the next week or so. So far so good. We all feel amazing (except that I have a cold) and have lost weight. I've lost 6 pounds so far. All of our complexions are glowing as well which makes my teenagers happy! Anyway, I just wanted to change my diet before surgery and see if I could lose a few pounds to be in the best shape for surgery. I know my diet will drastically change with opti and then after surgery...then my family is on their own!!

birdiegirl
on 5/25/17 7:55 pm

I think that's wonderful what you are doing. Great your whole family is behind you on this.

I wasn't intending a criticism of your menu. It's just tough for vegetarians to meet their protein numbers. Glad you enjoy lean fish and meats. I would be lost without dense protein .

Sounds like you have the mental game for success.

birdiegirl
on 5/25/17 9:51 am

Hi Ginnny

Now that you are at Goal - see if you can find your sweet spot. Just be prepared that it may change the further out you get. You likely still have malabsorption for the next 2 years.

Sweet spot is more then just daily calories - its also the macro's that work best for you.

I know I maintain at 1500-1700 calories per day as long as I keep my carbs under 80. Carbs are a problem for me with RH and also with weight gain. ( simple carbs)

Ideally - try and lose 10 more over the next 6 months to give you that cushion.

You have done great!!

leeann73
on 5/25/17 3:52 pm

Breakfast: 2 slices deli turkey with 2 slices cheese

lunch: 1 turkey burger patty (restaurant with client)

dinner: turkey chili, watermelon and low sugar popcycle

no snacks. I feel like I am eating too much and not full. I couldn't believe I could eat the entire turkey party and not feel over full.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics