What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

crqvingchange
on 5/17/17 11:00 am

Whoop whoop. You made it. Nice SV Ginny. Wow, the 5k run already, where did that time go?

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 5/17/17 4:53 pm

Well Done.

Linda M.
on 5/17/17 6:03 am, edited 5/16/17 11:04 pm - Orillia, Canada

Good morning,

My shared NSV is that I am now walking 5+ km. without difficulty. I guess I was hesitant and was slow at starting my exercise (blaming it on the cool and damp weather), but am now walking daily and feeling great. Not winded, legs a bit sore, and not at all taxing as it used to be when you add back 45 lbs. While walking with a girlfriend yesterday she reached for an air horn saying that there have been sightings of bears. I convinced her to leave it as we were together and walking her Golden Retriever. Guess what walked across the road about 150 meters in front of it. Her freak out was funny and she chirped me all the way home. Needless to say, I also got in a run back to her house. I got in 12,780 steps and also cut both the front and back lawn before the walk. Life is good.

B - protein shake and black decaf.

S - Skyr and applesauce (from yesterday)

L - Meatless chili

S - Cheese stick

D - 1/2 turkey patty and 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Calories: 620, Protein: 82, Carbs: 38. All water and vitamins.

CC - safe travels.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 5/17/17 11:03 am

"Life is good". Yup, and you escaped a bear, lol.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

OrangeBlossom17
on 5/17/17 6:06 am

Good morning everyone,

I am loving the weather today. I plan to go to an Orange Theory class then take the dog for a long walk and soak up as much sunshine as I can.

I have dinner out tonight. The kids want to go to the Works for hamburgers I would prefer to stay home since Monday I had a restaurant meal and tomorrow is dinner at a friend's house.

Question: How did you handle social engagements for the first 6 months after surger?

Pre-Op

B- chocolate premier protein shake

L-smoked salmon on a bed of spinach with avocado, red onions and capers

D- ??????

S-cheese string and apple

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Patm
on 5/17/17 6:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I try to eat whatever protein they are serving. Maybe a little veg. I just tell people I am not hungry. My family know I do not eat much so it is not an issue. I am also pretty up front about my surgery and that I do not eat crap anymore.

Patm
on 5/17/17 6:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Beautiful day out there. I wish I was not working. Not sure why but tired today. Loved the Beauty and the Beast movie. Fun going out with my daughter.

Home tonight. My DH is dying to have a fire in our outdoor pit. He even made fire starters to be ready.

I really need to go shopping and find some snack foods. I have a love/hate with eggs and not real keen on jerky. just been to lazy lately to find alternatives

b greek yogurt, strawberries

l chili, 1/4 c of left over kale salad,

s source yogurt, baby bel

d ugh forgot to ask what DH is making. It will be some form of protein and salad

s tea

Meggles07
on 5/17/17 6:32 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Late to the party, but what a morning it has been. Up since 2am, airport shuttle showed at 4am, and puppy 1 decided to make the great escape on me. I chased her to my neighbour's house, scooped her up, tossed her back in my house, and then stressed the whole way to the airport that maybe she got out again, or puppy 2 got out... Sigh. My puppysitter texted me while we were on the plane (just landed) saying that everything is fine and the puppies were having breakfast.

So far so good on eats. Got my SO to order a side of peameal bacon with his breakfast so I had some of that. They served cookies, COOKIES!! as the in-flight snack. I may have eaten them.

Breakfast 1 - protein shake

Breakfast 2 - peameal bacon

Snack 1 - cookies

Snack 2 - protein bar

All other meals are tbd at this point, but I plan to hit up Walmart when we get to our destination later :) must get some southern BBQ this week.

Jo0710
on 5/17/17 8:30 am

My son's team lost in baseball last night 27-26 (they are 7 and make ALOT of errors but that's ok, they are still learning and overthrowing the ball so kids run and end up scoring on both teams). He has batting practice and soccer tonight. Will miss batting practice since I work till 6pm but soccer starts at 7:15 so I'll be home in time to get him ready and go watch. I'm hoping to go in the pool tonight after for a swim. I had a rough sleep last night. My daughter (4) crawled in and kept kicking me. She turned sideways and wacked me a few times. I woke up super sore. My whole body aches, including my abs. It's like I did a whole bunch of situps when I didn't. Just paced a lot during the ball game last night... I don't tend to sit a lot during sporting events. I walk and talk to the other parents. I'm also up 2lbs but it's probably water weight since it's about 2 days away from that monthly friend comes to visit. Tha****er weight hadn't been happening before this month since surgery so I'm kinda annoyed its happening this month.

B: Premier Protein

L: Homemade chilli

S: Skippy PB Balls

D: homemade chilli (end of it)

Cals: 549, protein 53 carbs 44

May have 1/2 of a premier protein to get my protein numbers up after soccer.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Smoka
on 5/17/17 5:23 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Jo0710,

Your numbers (monthly weight loss) look awesome. Congratulations!! You must feel amazing!. I too am trying to lose 20 pounds before surgery...

Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics