What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

crqvingchange
on 5/14/17 9:04 am

Welcome Allyce. Your goals for the day sound perfect.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/14/17 10:21 am

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there, including Moms of furbabies!

CC, I had no idea the bulk barn sold protein chips; thank you for telling us. I'll have to check it out as the Quest BBQ chips are so expensive. I love them, and they're perfect for the movies, I agree.

Yesterday I went for a bike ride. It was super windy and I was tired from swimming laps for an hour and doing water exercises for another half hour the evening before, so I only did about 5 km before stopping for a "picnic", lol. I put down my blanket, read, and had 1/3rd of a protein bar and half of a protein shake, and some water. It was so warm in the sun, especially when I lay down and was out of the wind, that I almost fell asleep, lol. I stayed until the wind blew my bike over, then continued on. I did almost 11 km in the wind, which is a very different experience from doing 11 km with no wind; whew.

I'll put some photos at the bottom.

Today's eats:

Breakfast: 1 egg omelette with 1 slice low cal cheddar.

Lunch: Chocolate protein shake

Dinner: Steak and mushrooms (plus herbal tea with premier protein shake and water throughout the day)

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 5/14/17 2:09 pm

Great place for a picnic. Love your bike.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 5/14/17 1:54 pm

RNY 8 years 1 month post op

Happy Mothers Day all.

Out to my fav steakhouse with family. Had a fabulous filet with peppercorn sauce, 1 piece of garlic bread and 1 garlic pickle and feta cheese. I was satisfied after the pickle and bread and hunk of feta. Brought the rest of my meal home for dinner.

I love going out to eat as I get at least one more meal . Love my still small pouch.

Back to super clean low carb eating tomorrow.

Enjoy!

crqvingchange
on 5/14/17 2:10 pm

Mmmmm steak with peppercorn sauce. You win ;).

birdiegirl
on 5/14/17 4:49 pm

Ha-ha

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/17 2:49 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I love a good steak with peppercorn sauce and really like cognac sauce with steak as well. I made my own Mother's day dinner, honey mustard chicken with baby potatoes and green beans all in one pan. Love grainy mustard mixed with either honey or maple syrup.

birdiegirl
on 5/14/17 4:56 pm

Yummm. Dinner sounds delish. I love grainy mustard too.

Just finished my leftovers and I am too stuffed and it was too rich. First few bites were magic so of course I shoveled more in. Just not used to sauces anymore, but I do love peppercorn. I watched them make it beside our table. Three of us had peppercorn steak and I'm sure there was a pound of butter amount other ingredients.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/17 5:19 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I tend to leave most of the sauce on the bottom of the plate but do enjoy a few bites with it. Completely agree many sauces are just too rich. I often just make a balsamic red wine reduction for steak, lots of flavour without all the richness of buttery good sauces.

Most Active
Recent Topics