Photos

Navy
on 5/12/17 1:45 pm

I chose not to take any pre-op photos or measurements. I didn't want to keep looking back but also I was not in the head-space to document where I was at that point in my life. I hated seeing any photos of me. I don't regret my decision.

Smoka
on 5/15/17 2:50 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Navy,

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your input.

Barb

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/17 4:15 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I took pictures monthly and took measurements every two weeks and weight weekly. Had it all in an excel chart. If I had a stall on the scale at least I could look at my success in more ways than the scale alone. In this day and age with everything being digital, put a folder on your computer, take a pic and put it in there in case you wish you had, you can always delete that folder years later. I did the pics in the same clothes in the same spot every month until they fell off me then i changed outfits and did that until they fell off me. If you feel low one day then you can always look at what you used to look like. Some people they they will never forget but I sure forgot how big I was until I saw old pictures. Choice is yours but it's so easy to take digital pics and store in case and then delete later if you don't want them. You don't have to look at them but at least you have them.

Smoka
on 5/15/17 2:48 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Thank you so much Tracey.

Barb

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/15/17 8:49 am
VSG on 07/15/15

I never thought I looked bad so I have tons of pictures of myself pre-op. I always took pictures.

The one thing I didn't do was keep my fat clothes. As soon as I go down a size I dump those old clothes. The only things I keep are things that fit.

I'm not interested in doing one of those corny fat shaming picture where you stand in one leg of your old pants. I remember how fat I was, and so does everyone that knows me. No need for extra visuals.

I think pictures while you are losing can be helpful for stalls. Sometimes you don't lose weight but you drop inches and sizes and you can see that in pictures better than a mirror some of the time.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

Smoka
on 5/15/17 10:33 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi OutsideMatchInside,

I completely agree. I have and will get rid of all clothes that do not fit, and I plan on taking a few pics now (this thread has been convincing me) but only a few and to help me with the stalls because I know that is going to happen. Thanks for your input.

Thanks,

Barb

leeann73
on 5/15/17 4:50 pm

Personally I am glad I have pre op photos. This is a struggle and a long term change. When I feel like it is taking too long or the scale isn't moving or I am having a mentally hard time, the photos help to remind me and encourage me. Also, I lived for the success photos pre op of others. It was so hope giving and I hope that I can inspire others by posting progress to. It is individual though and not wrong either way, just a preference. Also, I was a good person even when I was largest so I don't want to destroy "who I was". I am working at being better but big or small I was andr am loved and worthy of loving

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Smoka
on 5/17/17 1:53 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Leeann,

Wow. So inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics