I got my surgery date for June 22...now I am ISO a ride to Windsor the week of July 10 any...

todillyreel
on 5/7/17 9:33 pm
RNY on 06/22/17

I live in London but I am not supposed to drive that month after surgery. My driver fell through and now I am desperate to find a ride for my first appointment post surgery in windsor.

Daisydoo02
on 5/8/17 3:20 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I was driving my car a week after surgery (7 days later). I had a one week appt with my family doctor who lives 90 minutes from my house. I drove myself. As long as you are not taking Narcotics for pain you can drive no problem. Sure its a bit uncomfortable, the seat belt across my stomach where the incisions where, I just brought a towel and placed it in between my seat belt & my stomach. I had no problems driving 90 minutes each way to see my doctor. Just to note I was off the pain meds by about day 4 or 5 so it was no problem for me to drive. By a month out I was driving my car everywhere, taking my dogs for hikes, grocery shopping etc. I am not sure how far London to Windsor is, but if anything you just need to have some protein shakes & water in the car with you to keep hydrated for the long drive. I think by a month out you will be fine, just my opinion.

Best of Luck!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Jo0710
on 5/8/17 9:17 am

Can you make it for July 19th as I'm going down to the centre that day. I also have an appointment the 11th but I'm calling to move that so I don't have To go down twice.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

todillyreel
on 5/8/17 10:15 pm
RNY on 06/22/17

That would be perfect!! I will call tomorrow and see if I can and then I will get back to you!! :) Thankyou so much for the offer!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/8/17 10:07 am
On May 8, 2017 at 4:33 AM Pacific Time, todillyreel wrote:

I live in London but I am not supposed to drive that month after surgery. My driver fell through and now I am desperate to find a ride for my first appointment post surgery in windsor.

I was able to drive 3 days after my surgery, I was done taking pain meds one day after I left the hospital! I had to travel from Guelph to Windsor the day I was released from the hospital and had no problems! Just make sure u have your liquids and shakes! U will be ok to drive I'm sure!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

Manda32
on 5/9/17 12:50 am

If that kind offer from the above member doesn't work out, there are other options if you cannot drive. I'm from London as well. You could take the train or greyhound. I'm not that familiar where the train ends up in Windsor, but I've taken the Greyhound to WIndsor a few times. Your probably a ten to fifteen minute cab ride from the hospital. I know it might be more expensive but that's another option you could consider,, if you can not drive, or cannot find a driver.

Good luck with your surgery and finding a ride!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics